TikTok Inspired Air Fry Ice Cream Sandwiches
Okay, TikTok made us do it again and we are not horribly mad about it! In fact, we were wonderfully surprised at how delicious this air fried, crescent-covered, ice cream sandwich turned out.
It is made with simple ingredients that you can find almost anywhere and is a fun treat to make for you and your family. Not to mention they taste absolutely fantastic!
Since you are frying the ice cream it will obviously “disappear” similar to our air fryer hocus pocus buns!
Ingredients and Supplies You’ll Need to Make Air Fry Ice Cream Sandwiches Inside of Some Biscuits on TikTok:
- Ice cream sandwiches
- Crescent roll dough
- Cinnamon and Sugar mix
Won’t the Ice Cream Just Melt?
Yes! But in the best way. Since the sandwiches will be covered in a crescent roll, any and all of the delicious flavor of the ice cream will be absorbed into the crescent roll for optimal deliciousness.
Can I Make These Up Ahead of Time?
I would suggest making them ahead of time! These will fry best if they have been set in the freezer for at least an hour.
But if you store them in a freezer-safe bag they will last up to a month prepped ahead of time.
Do I Need to Use Butter?
I know that the dish is going to be plenty rich as it is, but the butter helps add even more savory flavor, along with helping get the cinnamon and sugar mixture to stick to the dough.
If you want to avoid using the butter, sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture onto the dough and press it into the dough to try and get it to stick BEFORE you freeze them. However, you might not get as golden brown of a treat without the butter.
How to Make Air Fry Ice Cream Sandwiches Inside of Some Biscuits on TikTok:
Step 1: Prep the Sandwiches
Begin by cutting the ice cream sandwiches in half and rolling out the crescent sheet dough.
Then place the ice cream sandwich halves evenly spaced out on the dough and use a pizza cutter to cut 6 equal squares around the sandwiches.
Step 2: Wrap the Sandwiches
Once the dough is cut, wrap the sandwiches in the dough the best you can to make sure each side is covered, and try your best to seal up the sides of the dough.
Continue until all of the ice cream sandwiches are wrapped in the dough. Then place the sandwiches in the freezer for at least an hour.
Step 3: Preheat the Air Fryer
Once the sandwiches have been in the freezer for at least an hour, preheat the air fryer to 400F or 200C for 5 minutes.
And then melt the butter in the microwave.
Step 4: Season the Sandwiches
Before placing the sandwiches in the air fryer, brush the outsides of each with the melted butter.
And then sprinkle them with the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Step 5: Fry the Sandwiches
When all of the sandwiches have been seasoned and the air fryer has been preheated, carefully place a piece of parchment paper or pan in the bottom of the air fryer to keep the sandwiches from sticking to the basket.
Then place the sandwiches in the air fryer and turn it on to 400F or 200C for 5 minutes or until the outside is slightly golden brown.
Now, carefully remove the sandwiches from the air fryer and enjoy!
Sweet and Treats
This is not the only delicious treat you can make in the air fryer! You might just be surprised by what else you can make too!
Dessert Recipes for the Air Fryer:
- Air Fryer Dessert Hand Pies
- Mini Pumpkin Pies
- 4 Ingredient Thumbprint Cookies
- Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Buns
Sweets are always a fun thing in our house so when we get to make stuff extra fun like this, it’s always a fun time! This recipe is also super easy to make, so it is something the kids can make on their own as well.
Since they are quick to make up, you can also prep more than you need and have them ready for another time too!
Keep It Sweet With These Delicious Recipes:
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fry Ice Cream Sandwiches Inside of Some Biscuits on TikTok
- Pizza Cutter
- Parchment Paper
- Pastry brush
- 3 Ice cream sandwiches
- 1 can Crescent roll dough
- ½ cup Butter (1 stick)
- ⅓ cup Cinnamon and sugar mix
- Cut the ice cream sandwiches in half
- Unroll the crescent roll sheet. Place the ice cream sandwiches on the sheet and cut around the sandwiches.
- Roll the dough around the sandwiches and cover completely.
- Place the wrapped sandwiches in the freezer and let them sit for at least an hour.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 °F.
- Remove the wrapped sandwiches from the freezer. Brush all sides with melted butter and dust the sandwiches with cinnamon and sugar to taste.
- Place a piece of parchment paper or use a pan to avoid the sandwiches from sticking to the basket.
- Place the sandwiches in a preheated air fryer basket and air fry for 5 minutes at 400 °F.
- Remove from the air fryer basket and enjoy!
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!