Cinnamon Buns TikTok Recipe in the Air Fryer
I am always down to try a quick and easy dessert recipe, and when I came across this TikTok cinnamon buns trend I just had to try it out. Well, I actually tried a few out (including some fails) and you can see some of the viral Tiktok recipes I’ve tried on my YouTube channel.
But I found the perfect one for you to make at home in your air fryer that you can enjoy in less than 25 minutes and with only a few ingredients! This is also a great way to use up those buns you bought with good intentions but never got around to using them.
Simple Ingredients Needed for This Cinnamon Buns Recipe:
- Hot dog buns
- Brown sugar
- Melted butter
- Cinnamon sugar mix
- Air fryer
- Parchment paper
- Small mixing bowl or liquid measuring cup
- Medium mixing bowl (2)
- Rubber spatula
The key player for this recipe is most definitely the Cosori 5.8QT air fryer and the parchment paper for easy clean-up! If you have parchment paper I wouldn’t skip it. The dressed buns tend to stick to the air fryer basket when they are done cooking.
The original recipe calls for maple syrup and that works wonderfully, but it’s not your only option to enjoy these delicious bite-sized cinnamon buns.
Give These a Try:
- Cream cheese dip (a mixture of powdered sugar, cream cheese, vanilla, and milk – something like this but I’d suggest making it more of an icing consistency.)
- Maple icing (powdered sugar, milk, and maple syrup or maple flavoring)
- Sprinkled powdered sugar
- Warmed up Nutella
- Blueberry syrup
- Raspberry syrup
- Fresh strawberries and whipped cream
Can You Use Something Other Than Hot Dog Buns?
If you do not have hot dog buns available I am sure that hamburger buns would work wonderfully too, just make sure to chop them into bite-sized pieces.
Or if you only sandwich bread it can probably work, but try and make sure the pieces are larger since the slices are a lot thinner and can get more saturated with the egg mixture more quickly and become super soggy.
Make These Even More Decadent
To keep things budget-friendly, using those dollar buns at Walmart work great for this recipe. But, if you want to go all out, you can try using those delicious brioche buns for this recipe and you will get a wonderfully rich cinnamon bun bite!
How to Make TikTok Cinnamon Buns in the Air Fryer:
Step 1: Cut Up the Buns
Begin by cubing the hot dog buns into bite-sized pieces, about 6 slices per bun.
After you have the buns cubed, place them in the air fryer and cook them for 4 minutes at 380F or 193C to dry out the bun to perfection.
Step 2: Create the Egg Mixture
Now, whisk together the eggs, ¼ cup of milk, 1 tbsp of brown sugar, 1 tsp of vanilla extract, and a dash of salt until they are fully combined.
Step 3: Coated the Buns
After the buns are done drying out, place them in a medium-sized mixing bowl and then carefully pour the egg mixture evenly over top of the cooked buns.
Then use a spatula to stir the buns to make sure they are all coated in the egg mixture.
Step 4: Air Fry the Dressed Buns
Pull out the air fryer basket and line it with parchment paper and then add in the dressed buns and spread them out along the bottom of the basket.
Once that is done, return the basket to the air fryer and turn it on for 6-8 minutes at 375F or 190C or until the buns are crunchy and no longer soft to the touch.
Step 5: Sprinkle with Cinnamon Sugar
When the buns dressed in the egg mixture reach your desired doneness, remove them from the air fryer and put them in another medium-sized bowl and pour the melted butter over top and then sprinkle in the cinnamon sugar.
Carefully stir the toasted buns with a spatula until they are all coated in the cinnamon sugar, and then serve them with maple syrup or your favorite topping.
Breakfast or Dessert Recipes for the Air Fryer
Often times I feel like sweet breakfast recipes can also be turned into delicious desserts too! These recipes would work great for breakfast or as a dessert:
- Tasty 3-Ingredient Air Fryer Apple Fritters
- Air Fryer Custard Toast
- The EASIEST 2 Ingredient Donuts in the Air Fryer!
- Simple and Easy Maple Bars in the Air Fryer
Even though there are some not-so-great recipes for this viral TikTok recipe, but don’t worry we have found you the best recipe that you are going to love for a sweet treat any time of the day.
It is super simple to make, and can help use up some of the ingredients in your pantry before they go bad and satisfy some cravings at the same time!
Outrageously Delicious Dessert Made Right in Your Air Fryer!
- Air Fryer Magic Marshmallow Rolls— An Easy Breakfast or Dessert Recipe
- Air Fryer Dessert Hand Pies
- Gooey Mini S’mores Pies in the Air Fryer
- Fudgy and Perfect Air Fryer Brownies Recipe
- Peanut Butter Chocolate S’mores Dip – 10 Minute Air Fryer Treat
- Air Fryer 5 Ingredient Peach Cobbler
- How to Make Pop Tarts in the Air Fryer
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
Cinnamon Buns TikTok Recipe in the Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper
- Small mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- 5 Hot dog buns
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 1 tbsp Butter, melted
- Cinnamon sugar mix to taste
- Cube 5 hot dog buns into bite sized pieces, or slightly larger. Place the hot dog buns in the air fryer basket and cook for 4 minutes at 380 °F to dry them out.
- Whisk together 2 eggs, 1/4 c milk, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, and a dash of salt.
- In a bowl, combine the egg mixture with the dried out hot dogs buns. Stir until everything is well coated.
- Place the buns in the air fryer basket and air fry for 6-8 minutes at 375 °F, or until crunchy to your liking.
- Add the buns to another bowl and pour on 1 tbsp melted and cinnamon sugar mixture to taste. Mix until well coated.
- Enjoy with maple syrup, or other tasty toppings of your choice!
Recipe Adapted From: @Arimonika