DIY Christmas Plate!!!
Need a fun Christmas Craft to do with the kids.Â Why not make a Christmas Plate!Â It is so easy…
All you need:
1 plate (I got mine from the dollar store)
1 bottle of Gloss Enamels red paint
1 bottle of Gloss Enamels green paint
1 or 2 sponge brushes
Paint brushes of various sizes
1 paper plate for the paint
Kids hands or feet
Here are the steps to making this adorable plate:
1. Take rubbing alcohol, a baby wipe or a Lysol wipe to the surface of the plate, let dry
2. Get your area ready.Â I put newspaper on the floor in the kitchen.
3. Put some paint on your paper plate.Â I used Green for the feet but you could easily use red.
4. clean off the bottom of your child’s foot
5. Use the sponge brush and cover the bottom of your child’s foot in paint (getting enough on the foot to make a good print but not to much causing the foot to slide)
6. Take your child’s foot and press it onto the plate (don’t worry if the foot slips, the paint washes right off and you can try again)
7. I let my feet dry before decorating
8. Once dry add the string, the “bow”, the dots, name and year (or whatever designs you like)Â I used a round sponge brush for the circles and just a small paint brush for the rest
9. Let the paint dry fully
10. Put the plate in the cold oven and set the tempt to 350 Degrees and leave it for 30 minutes.Â After 30 minutes leave it in the oven to cool down.Â Don’t take it out of the oven or open the door or the plate with crack. I don’t recommend putting it in the dishwasher.
Wala!Â Perfect Christmas Plate to cherish for years to come.
I plan to put a napkin over it and use it for Santa’s cookies. 😉
The possiblities are endless for other holidays too…hand print turkey, I think so!
Please don’t forget to like, share, tweet, and pin this post!Â Not following Discount Queens on Pinterest, you totally should! 🙂
Trending DIY Projects