5 Cute DIY Tea Bag Holder Ideas
5 Cute Tea Bag Holder DIY Ideas
Is your tea bag constantly falling into your cup? It probably isn’t a huge deal, but it’s a bit annoying when it happens. And sure, you could hold it yourself, but what if you don’t have a free hand? That’s when a tea bag holder comes in handy. Some mugs have them built in, but for the ones that don’t, you can use one of these DIY tea bag holders!
These are something you can give to all your tea loving friends as well! They will surely appreciate it and it’s such an easy homemade gift idea!
1. Colorful Butterfly Tea Bag Holders
To start off we have a simple butterfly tea bag holder! These are really adorable and easy to make. Be careful though because I don’t think they’ll last for very long if they fall into your tea…
- Butterfly stickers or butterfly images
- Colored paper (the same color as your butterfly works best)
- A small piece of thick paper (about 1 1/2″x 1/2″ per tea bag)
- Tea bags
2. DIY Tea Bag Holder Cookie
Oh. my. gosh! Look at how cute that little cookie is hanging on to the edge of the mug. Seeing this little guy every morning will brighten up your mood for sure.
- Beige, brown and a little black polymer clay
- 1 drinking straw
- A toothbrush or a piece of aluminum foil
- X-acto knife
- Soft brush
- Soft pastels
- A mug
- Optional but recommended: acrylic paints
3. Baking Soda Dough Tea Bag Holder
This is a really cool DIY tea bag holder because you can customize it however you want! The tutorial shows you how to make baking soda dough which you can pretty much form into anything. It’s cheap, easy, and awesome.
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup cornstarch (corn flour)
- 1 1/4 cup cold water
- Big saucepan
- Parchment paper
- Damp cloth
- Toothpick or bamboo skewer
- Marker, paint, food coloring, glitter
- Varnish, shellac, or nail polish
4. Rudolph Tea bag holder
Rudolph with your nose so bright, won’t you hold my tea bag tonight? If you’re in the Christmas spirit or you’re looking for a homemade gift idea for your tea-loving friend, this is perfect.
- Ceramic mug
- Polymer clay in brown, grey, black, white and red (I used Premo Sculpey)
5. Beautiful Butterfly Tea Bag Holder
This is another butterfly DIY tea bag holder, but this one is made from plastic. It’s got a nice clean, modern look and it looks like it’s nice and sturdy too!
- Shrink plastic
- Template (downloadable at the end of the post
- Scissors / X-acto knife or Silhouette Machine
- Scoring tool
- Wire cutter
- Heat gun
- Wooden skewer
Which DIY Teabag Holder is Your Favorite?
It’s a tough choice because all of them are pretty cute! I must say though the cookie one just makes me happy when I see it. That’s my favorite one. Let me know which one you like the most!
More DIY Projects:
- DIY Homemade Stain Remover (That Actually Works)
- 6 Cool DIY Keychains That Are SO Unique
- 6 Easy DIY Laptop Sleeve Ideas
Trending DIY Projects
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again