Easy Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
Make These Easy 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies with Cake Mix!
It almost sounds too easy. Only 2 ingredients for pumpkin cookies? Cake mix and canned pumpkin. Of course, I usually opt for a third ingredient – chocolate chips!
But how can 2 ingredient pumpkin cookies be any good? Oh, trust me, they are surprisingly delicious. They taste exactly like homemade pumpkin bread!
I might not feel the need to ever make pumpkin bread again with this easy pumpkin cookies recipe! Two (or three) simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes – you’ve got yourself some delicious pumpkin bread cookies.
Cake Mix Alternative
If you would like to use a yellow cake mix instead, just add about 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice. Here’s my favorite pumpkin pie spice recipe! When you use a spice cake mix, no additional spices are needed.
You don’t even need to add any water, oil, or eggs. Just dump the dry cake mix, canned pumpkin puree, and mini chocolate chips into a bowl and mix them together!
Pumpkin Cookie Baking Tips
The cookies puff up while baking, but only spread a little bit. So I like to squeeze about 20 cookies onto one baking sheet. Silicone baking mats are great too. The cookies come off the pan easily and the mats can be used hundreds of times!
Also, a cookie scoop is super helpful for portioning out the sticky cookie dough! If you don’t have one, definitely get one!
How to Tell When Your Cookies Are Done
It can be a little tricky to tell when the pumpkin cookies are done. You don’t want them to be under-baked and raw. You don’t want them to be over-baked and too dry.
For me, about 14 minutes of cooking time is just right. I think the easiest way to know if they are done is to do a toothpick test. Stick a toothpick into the center of a cookie and if it comes out clean or with only a few moist crumbs, the cookies are done!
There’s no better treat during the fall than a pumpkin treat, and these lovely pumpkin spice cake cookies are nice and easy, but still delicious. If you end up trying these cookies out, let us know what you think!
More Pumpkin Recipes:
- Pumpkin Angel Food Cake Mix Recipe
- Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie Recipe
- Soft Pumpkin Gingersnap Cookies
- Perfect Iced Pumpkin Sugar Cookies Recipe
- Pumpkin Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
Would you like to see more of our favorite recipes? Subscribe to our recipe email.
Easy Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
- Baking sheet
- Medium bowl
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 15 ounce can pure pumpkin puree
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry cake mix, pumpkin puree, and chocolate chips, just until incorporated.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of the sticky batter onto the prepared baking sheet, at least 1 inch apart. Sprinkle a few mini chocolate chips over the top of each, if desired.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cookie comes out clean or with only a few moist crumbs. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the pan for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.