As we begin the holiday shopping season (one of my favorite times of year!), we want to remind you all that…
We are here to help you keep it frugal.
We will be posting all sorts of great deals on fun stuff to buy. However, our intent is not to get you to spend more money. You don’t need to buy something just because there is an awesome deal. You, as an individual and with your family, will need to evaluate your budget and your priorities, then make your own decision about if it is a good purchase for YOU.
We want to help you SAVE money by finding great deals & ideas.
The tricky part for us is that everyone has different budgets, priorities, wants, and needs. So, we will be trying to cover as many of our favorite deals as we can in order to help many different people find the things they are looking for at a great price.
We recommend creating a simple budget for each person on your gift list and tracking the items you buy and how much you spend. If I already have ideas of what I want to give, I add my ideas for each person to that list as well. Then I can keep track of what I’m looking for. If you don’t know what you want to buy as gifts yet, we can provide lots of ideas to help you find the perfect thing at the right price!
Get our FREE Christmas Budget Download.
Since I usually find so many great ideas and gifts during this season, I keep an eye out for a few gift stockpile items which I use for other events too, especially birthdays.
Just remember that there will always be deals coming and going. We are here to help you save money on the things you want to buy! And we will be providing ideas for frugal homemade gifts too!
Tips on how to get the deals and keep it frugal this Christmas!
1. Make a list. Then focus on the people you want to buy for.
- Remember to consider gift stockpile items, like gifts for upcoming birthdays!
2. Decide on a budget. Then try to keep your spending in line!
- It can be easy to overlook holiday expenses if it is your first time having a budget. So, you may need to adjust the budget plan here and there, if needed. The next time around you will have a great idea of what to expect and you can stick closely to the goal!
3. Keep track of what you buy and who you plan to give it to.
- Make sure other people can’t access it, unless you want them to!
4. Bookmark the pages that fit your needs…
- Find gift deals for men
- Find gift deals for women
- Find gift deals for teens
- Find gift deals for kids
5. Subscribe to the gift guide newsletter.
- On Demand option: Want an email every single time we share a gift idea, just in case the price goes up? Then sign up right here. But be forewarned… many days you’ll receive more than one email from us!
- Nightly Recap option: Maybe you’d like to get a nightly recap of all the best gift ideas we’ve found… then sign up right here.
- Lite version: Just a few emails a week, although you may miss out on some of the deals.
6. Follow us on facebook to get the deals in your news feed!
- We often post deals directly to Facebook, especially if they are HOT!
You can follow us on Pinterest too!
Take a gander at this post with tons of tips to help you prepare for the holiday season…