Easy Baked Omelet Roll-Up Recipe
Quick and Easy Baked Omelet Roll-Up Recipe
I love that you can pump out about 4 delicious omelets in one shot with this recipe. And they’re so pretty too!
No more cooking each omelet one at a time and worrying about it sticking to the skillet or falling apart. This omelet roll-up is the way to go! I don’t think I’ll make them any other way from now on.
Omelet Egg base:
The egg base for this rolled omelet recipe is easy enough, and it’s quick to make too! Just mix together eggs, flour, milk, salt, and pepper. Then pour it into a greased or sprayed 9×13 glass baking dish and bake for about 7 minutes.
Getting Your Fillings Ready:
While the eggs are baking, get all of your filling ingredients ready. In addition to the shredded cheese, I used chopped bacon, tomato, green pepper, and green onions. The tomato, green pepper, and green onion were actually fresh from my garden, which made it extra yummy!
I just cooked the bacon in the microwave which was so easy! Line a plate paper towel, place the bacon strips in a single layer, then cover with a paper towel. Microwave for about 5 minutes or so until done. Let the bacon cool for a minute, then chop it up. That’s it!
By the way, you can totally regrow green onions in your garden or in a glass of water. Just cut the green onions off a bit above the white bulb part. Then plant the bulb in your garden or put it in a glass with about an inch or so of cold water covering the roots. It will start to grow within a day! With the water method, keep it in a window sill or someplace with light. Just rinse the bulb and replace the cold water every 3-4 days to prevent sliminess.
The Finishing Touches:
Sprinkle on all of the cheese, bacon, and veggies on your baked omelet roll, then stick it back in the oven to let it melt together for a minute. The egg is surprisingly easy to loosen from the pan, it just slides right out.
Gently roll it all up as tightly as you can without tearing it. Then, slice the omelet roll into portions. I got about 4 servings from one pan. You could easily make a few pans at a time if you want to though.
The Perfect Rolled Omelet
Voila! A perfect omelet in minutes! Serve with salsa, sour cream, ketchup, or additional cheese and green onions, if desired.
If you’re wondering, here are the dishes I used in this recipe:
Would you like to see more of our recipes? Subscribe to our weekly recipe email.
More Breakfast Recipes:
- Nutritious Banana Quinoa Waffles
- Cheesy Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Cream Cheese French Toast in a Mug Recipe
- The Best Cinnamon Roll Recipe
- Red Velvet Pancake Recipe
Recipe from Favorite Family Recipes.
Easy Baked Omelet Roll-Up Recipe
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 6 ounces bacon, cooked and chopped
- Preheat oven to 450. Spray or grease a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk and flour. Add the eggs, salt, and pepper; beat until well blended. Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 6-7 minutes. The egg should be fully cooked with no runny spots.
- Top the egg evenly with 1 cup shredded cheese and your favorite omelet toppings. Return to oven for about 1 minute, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and use a spatula to loosen the egg from the sides of the pan. Then gently, but tightly roll up the omelet. Slice the roll into individual servings. If desired, serve with salsa, ketchup, sour cream, green onions, or shredded cheese, etc.
Try more great topping combinations with fillings like these: sausage, ham, spinach, avocado, onion, mushrooms, jalapenos, feta, asparagus, artichokes, broccoli, ricotta, Swiss cheese, crab, basil, olives, leftovers, etc.
Recipe Source: Fav Family Recipes