Red Velvet Pancake Recipe
Red Velvet Pancakes for Valentine’s Day!
A few years ago one of my friends made these Red Velvet Pancakes at a brunch and they were so delicious! Everyone love them and kept asking for the recipe. She forgot to give it to us and I have been trying to find a recipe that equaled hers ever since and stumbled across this one from Betty Crocker and it is delish!
These pancakes would be a perfect dish for Valentines Day Breakfast or Brunch. Personally I could eat these any time of the day. They would not only be a great main dish but you could cook them up for dessert as well. The Cream Cheese topping really adds a rich and creamy flavor, I’m not sure they would be the same without it!
These pancakes are not hard to make, they use common ingredients found in your house and they add that little extra something to start the day in a special way! They cook up in minutes and are a definite crowd pleaser. My kids loved them and everyone had seconds!
Would you like to see more of our recipes?
Subscribe to our weekly recipe email.
Black & Decker Family Size Griddle $29.99 (was $39.99)
Ships Free with Amazon Prime (Try a FREE Membership)
- Make Breakfast a snap with the large non-stick cooking surface, with temperatures variable from warm to 400 degrees F and a warming tray.
- When it’s time to clean-up the immersible griddle, the grease has been channeled into the removable, dishwasher safe grease cup.
- Good for 8 Servings; large non-stick cooking surface
- Nonstick cooking surface
- Drip tray for easy clean up
- Easy temperature control
- Dishwasher safe
Make your Valentine’s Day celebration last all day long with these fun and festive Valentine’s Day recipes! We also have several fun craft and DIY ideas to spread some Valentine’s Day love! If you’re wanting to stay away from the sugar this year, check out all of the Candy alternative ideas we’ve been coming up with!
Red Velvet Pancake Recipe
Cream Cheese Topping
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups Original Bisquick mix
- 4 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 1 to 1 ½ teaspoons red food color*
- 2 eggs
- Powdered sugar if desired
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and 3 tablespoons milk with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed until topping is smooth. Cover; set aside.
- In large bowl, stir all pancake ingredients except powdered sugar with wire whisk until well blended. Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat (375°F). (To test griddle, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If bubbles jump around, heat is just right.) Brush with vegetable oil if necessary or spray with cooking spray before heating.
- For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles form on top and edges are dry. Turn; cook other side until golden brown.
- Spoon cream cheese topping into resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag; squeeze bag to drizzle topping over pancakes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Comments & Reviews
I have been needing a Red Velvet Pancake recipe. My boys ordered Red Velvet Pancakes at a restaurant in Phoenix and they have been obsessed ever since!