The Very Best 5 Ingredient Crème Brûlée Recipe You’ll Ever Try – Air Fryer Instructions
Can you make Crème Brûlée in the air fryer?
Have you ever tried to make crème brûlée or burnt cream in the air fryer? If you haven’t, stop what you are doing and make this recipe!
You only need 5 ingredients to make this crazy delicious crème brûlée in the air fryer! If you are looking for a new Easter dessert to try this year, look no further! This recipe will be a hit. I’ve only heard great things from friends and family members when they try a taste of this recipe!
Keep reading to learn how to make the very best crème brûlée in your air fryer!
The Best 5 Ingredient Crème Brûlée
This recipe is so simple! I love that I only need five ingredients and a couple of ramekins to make this one. Plus, the ingredients are ones that I already have in my pantry or refrigerator. The only one that I may not always have on-hand is heavy whipping cream.
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons sugar + 2 tablespoons sugar for crunchy topping
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream or heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
How to make crème brûlée from scratch?
Crème brûlée is so easy to make, especially when you cook it in the air fryer! Make sure you have fun with this recipe!
The first thing you need to do is whisk together the egg yolks, 4 tbsp of sugar and a pinch of salt together in a bowl. Then, add the whipping cream and vanilla and whisk until well blended.
Yep, that’s all you need to do to make this custard!
If you are using a hand or stand mixer, be sure to use the lower settings. It’s ok for some bubbles to get in the egg mixture, but let the bubbles settle for a few minutes prior to baking.
How to bake crème brûlée in the air fryer?
Once the custard is made, divide and pour the mixture evenly between 3-4 (6oz) ramekins. Cover each tightly with aluminum foil. If the foil isn’t on tight enough, it will fly off in the air fryer. Make sure it is tightly secured.
If you don’t have ramekins, you can use any air fryer or oven safe dish. Or, head over to airfryertools.com and snag yourself some ramekins!
How long should I bake crème brûlée?
Next, gently place in air fryer and cook at 370 degrees Fahrenheit or 187 degrees Celsius for 32 minutes. You don’t need to preheat the air fryer for this recipe!
Double check after the first minute to ensure none of the tinfoil flew off. Secure or use tinfoil wrapped all the way around the ramekin so that it doesn’t fly off.
When is crème brûlée done cooking?
Creme brulee is done cooking once it reaches an internal temperature of 176°F (80°C).
Then, use potholders or tongs to carefully remove hot ramekins and set on a rack to cool. When you first pull the ramekins out of the air fryer, they will be very hot and bubbling. It may seem too liquidy, but it’ll turn into a nice, solid creme once it cools.
Does crème brûlée have to cool?
Crème brûlée is definitely much better as a chilled custard that gets thicker as it chills. I tried one of them warm so I could compare and it was gross and tasted like warm egg.
Once it has completely cooled, cover the ramekins with plastic wrap and let it chill for a minimum of 1 hour or up to 2 days. This is a great make-ahead dessert recipe for Easter!
How do I caramelize the top of crème brûlée?
When ready to serve, top each ramekin with 1 teaspoon sugar and then either use a kitchen torch to caramelize the sugar or broil for 2-3 minutes in your oven.
I recommend using a kitchen torch to caramelize the sugar because it is easier to forget about these desserts if you broil them in the oven… and you may end up with a smokey house 😅.
Tips for using a kitchen blowtorch
If you end up using a blowtorch and have never used it before, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- The trick is to move the torch back and forth until the sugar starts to bubble and crust. Try and be as even as possible as you move the torch.
- To get an idea for how long close you need to get to the food, sprinkle some sugar on a baking or cookie sheet and practice melting and caramelizing the sugar there until you get a hang of it.
- The process might take longer than expected, so be patient. 🙂
Thank you DixieCrystals.com for these tips!
This recipe is a serious hit! You can, of course, enjoy this recipe anytime of the year. But with Easter coming up, I thought this would be such a fun, easy, and new dessert that we would all love trying.
Share how this recipe went for you in the comments below!
More Dessert Recipes to try this Easter
- Easy Dutch Apple Pie Recipe
- Our Favorite Monkey Bread Recipe in the Air Fryer!
- Air Fryer Mini Cheesecakes
- Tasty 3-Ingredient Air Fryer Apple Fritters
- Instant Pot Cheesecake of Your Dreams
Air frying is easier than you think! Check out these guides to get started!
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
The Easiest Creme Brulee with Air Fryer Instructions
- Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer optional
- 5 6-ounce ramekins
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons sugar divided- 4 tbsp for custard, 2 tbsp for carmelizing
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Whisk together the egg yolks, 4 tbsp of sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Add whipping cream and vanilla and whisk until well blended.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 5-6 (6oz) ramekins. I filled each ramekin about 3/4 full. Cover each tightly with foil.
- Gently place in air fryer and cook at 370°F/188°C for 32 minutes.
- Check after the first minute to ensure none of the tinfoil flew off. Resecure or use tinfoil wrapped all the way around the ramekin.
- Use potholders or tongs to carefully remove hot ramekins and set on a rack to cool.
- Once completely cooled, cover with plastic wrap and chill for a minimum of 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- When ready to serve, top each ramekin with 1 teaspoon sugar and then either use a kitchen torch to caramelize the sugar or broil for 2-3 minutes in your oven.
- Let stand for a few mins before serving.
Recipe Adapted From: Recipes From A Pantry