Money Saving Tips: Easy Way to Freeze Strawberries
I love strawberries! I get a little excited when they are in season because the quality improves and the prices drop. When you find fresh strawberries for a great price during these spring and summer months, you can stock up your fridge and your freezer. (This tip comes in handy to help fresh strawberries stay fresh longer.) We’ve shared lots of recipes that use strawberries (see below) and you can freeze some for later too! Frozen strawberries are great for smoothies.
Here’s an effective way to freeze strawberries:
After washing and cutting the tops off your fresh strawberries, put them in ice cube trays [cup cake tins work too] and stick them in the freezer for a few hours. When they’re frozen, put the berries in a freezer container [a plastic bag or a rigid container works] to store long-term.
This will help them freeze individually before you put them in a freezer container. If you freeze them all together in a bag after washing and cutting them, they tend to stick together.
You can also lay them out on a cookie sheet or a platter [not touching each other] and freeze them that way. The point is that they don’t touch while they’re freezing so you have individual frozen strawberries!
Strawberries freeze without losing quality for about 8-12 months.
I like to make freezer jam with cheap strawberries too. Homemade is the best!
More Strawberry Recipes:
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast Recipe
- Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
- Strawberry Shortcake on a Stick
- Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes
- Simple Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry-Lime Topping
- Strawberry Cream Puff Pie
- Lemon Berry Pie
- Strawberry Yogurt Cake
- Strawberry Cheesecake
- Basic Cheesecake Recipe with Strawberry Topping
- No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Red, White & Blue Strawberries
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Pretzel Jello Pie
- Strawberry Daiquiri Cupcakes
- 3 Ingredient Good-till-the-last-bite Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Cheesecake Crescent Rolls
- Strawberry Whip Cream Cake
- Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Strawberry Spinach Smoothie Recipe
- Strawberry Yogurt Lime Smoothie
- Strawberry Shakes
- Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
- Homemade Fruit Roll Recipe
- Pudding Fruit Salad
- Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles
- Tres Leches Cake
- Breakfast Grilled Cheese
- Simple Fruit Dip
Read about an effective way to freeze grapes.
See more money saving tips.
Trending Blog Posts
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again