How to Cut and Freeze Mango
Mango Freezes Easily
I love mango! When I buy a big box of mangoes my family can not eat all of them before they start to get old, so it works really well to freeze them. Then I can use my frozen mango to make smoothie recipes. When I was in the Philippines I learned how to properly cut a mango. It can be a little tricky because of the large seed in the center of the mango, so there really is a best way to cut a mango.
How to Cut Mango
Mango cutting tools:
How to Freeze Mango
Freezing mango is very simple.
- Cut it out and arrange it on a baking sheet or a 13×9 pan depending on which pan fits in your freezer.
- Cover the top and bottom of the pan with plastic wrap.
- Let fruit freeze for 24 hours.
- Then transfer mango from the pan to a freezer bag and return to the freezer for long term freezing.
Here are some more tutorials on freezing fruits and vegetables:
- How to Freeze Butter
- How to Freeze Cake
- How to Freeze Cheese
- How to Freeze Corn
- How to Freeze Grapes
- How to Freeze Green Beans
- How to Freeze Honeydew
- How to Freeze Peaches
- How to Freeze Pineapple
- How to Freeze Strawberries
- How to Freeze Sugar Snap Peas
- How to Freeze Zucchini
- How to Freeze Asparagus
- How to Avoid Freezer Burn
Learn more about Freezer Meal Cooking:
- Benefits of making freezer meals
- Freezer Meal Recipes
- How to start a Freezer Meal Group
- How to Shop for Freezer Meal Recipes
- How to Prepare Freezer Meals
- What Foods Don’t Freeze Well