The Best Homemade Playdough Recipe Tutorial
I am always trying to find things (other than TV & video games) for my kids to do. They all love play dough so I decided to make the BEST homemade playdough recipe with them. It is my mother-in-law’s recipe and always turns out perfectly.
Homemade Playdough Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need for this homemade playdough recipe:
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- Food coloring
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
How to Make The Best Homemade Playdough
I had lots of helpers with my play dough. That is another thing I love about the play dough, the kids love to choose what color they want and help make it. We made 4 batches in about 40 minutes.
1. Add the water:
2. Add the oil:
3. Add a few drops of food coloring:
4. Mix those ingredients together:
5. Add the flour:
6. Add the salt:
7. Add the cream of tartar:
8. Stir constantly over medium-low heat:
9. Keep stirring…
10. Your homemade playdough will start to thicken and pull away from the sides:
11. Once it starts to form a ball, remove it from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes so you don’t burn yourself:
12. Remove your homemade playdough the pan:
13. Gently knead it:
14. Now your kids are ready to play with it!
Now that you have the best homemade playdough in the world, it should keep your kids pretty happy (for a little while)! The best thing about this playdough recipe is that it’s super cheap to make and it’s doesn’t have any toxic chemicals in it. Enjoy!
Want to Save the “Best Play Dough Recipe” for Later?
Here is a homemade play dough recipe card for you (just right click on it and save it):
More Fun DIY Projects for Moms:
- How to make your own Kinetic Sand and save big!
- 6 DIY Musical Instruments for Kids
- Summer Fun With Ice Chalk Recipe
- How to Make a Water Blob for Hours of Summer Fun
- 6 Cute Popsicle Stick Crafts For Kids
Trending Blog Posts
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like
to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again