Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark Recipe
Salted Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bark
Craving a delicious chocolatey caramelly treat? Just whip up this salted caramel pretzel bark and it will hit the spot for sure. It’s really got all the flavors you could ask for from a tasty treat – sweet and salty, with a touch of caramel!
To be honest with you, typing up this post is making me think I should probably make some of this yummy stuff today. I just have to make sure I have people to share with or I’ll end up eating the whole pan!
Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark Ingredients
Probably the best thing about this recipe (and potentially the worst) is that I usually have all of the ingredients in the pantry and it is quick to put together. Only 5 ingredients are needed!
For this reason, this recipe is a bit dangerous. You might find yourself making it a LOT just because it’s so easy and so scrumptious. It’s truly an addicting snack/dessert.
For the pretzels in this recipe, I used Snaps pretzels (the grid square-shaped ones). I did this because I had bought a bunch just recently before making this, but you can use mini pretzels as well. One thing I really liked about the Snaps pretzels is how perfectly they fit into the baking dish.
It is important to cook the caramel mixture exactly as written in the recipe. The first time I made them it didn’t turn out quite as delicious because I used butter that was frozen and hadn’t thawed all the way. Oops. Still good, but even better when I made them again, and again…and again, etc.
For being such a simple recipe, I’m so happy with how good this salted caramel pretzel bark is. All of the ingredients work together so well to make a delicious, candy-like bark.
If you’re trying to come up with a homemade gift idea to give your loved ones during the holidays, this recipe should be a top contender. Package some of this chocolate caramel pretzel bark in a gift bag and give it to the people you care about most.
More Treats to Try:
- Heath Toffee Bits Cookies Recipe
- Cookies and Cream Popcorn (aka Oreo Popcorn)
- Quick Cinnamon Roasted Pecans Recipe
- Healthy No-Bake Dark Chocolate Granola Bites Recipe
- Healthier Chocolate No Bake Cookies Recipe
Would you like to see more of our recipes? Subscribe to our weekly recipe email.
Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark Recipe
- 8 ounces mini pretzels, broken, or 6 ounces Snaps pretzels
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- sea salt or kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray or use a silicone baking mat. Cover the bottom of the pan in a single layer of broken mini pretzels or Snaps pretzels. Set aside.
- In a small or medium saucepan, stir the butter and brown sugar to combine. Let come to a rolling boil over medium heat and cook for 3 minutes with NO stirring. Pour the hot toffee mixture evenly over the pretzels.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top of the hot caramel and pretzels. Let the chocolate chips sit for 2-3 minutes until they melt. Use an offset spatula or rubber spatula to gently spread the melted chocolate over the top. Lightly sprinkle with sea salt or kosher salt.
- Let the it cool completely at room temperature then refrigerate if needed to help the chocolate set up.
You can replace the pretzels with Saltine or Ritz crackers.
Recipe Adapted From: Mel's Kitchen Cafe