Cookies and Cream Popcorn (aka Oreo Popcorn)
Delicious & Easy Cookies and Cream Popcorn
Only 3 easy ingredients are needed for our favorite cookies and cream popcorn recipe (a.k.a. Oreo popcorn). Popcorn covered in Almond Bark and crushed Oreo cookies! It is quick and easy to throw together too. Not to mention delicious!
Now you may be wondering, where’s the cream in this recipe? Well, Almond Bark doesn’t have any cream in it, but it does give the popcorn a flavor that is kind of like the cream filling of an Oreo cookie. Almond Bark is basically just vanilla flavored candy coating, by the way.
Ingredients for Cookies and Cream Popcorn:
The three ingredients for this popcorn recipe are popped popcorn, chocolate sandwich cookies (like classic Oreo cookies), and Almond Bark.
The vanilla Almond Bark is pretty easy to find at most grocery stores, in the same area as the chocolate chips. Melting instructions are right on the package and I usually just use the microwave. Super easy and only takes a few minutes.
As an alternative, white chocolate would be yummy, but it is messier because it doesn’t set or harden as well as Almond Bark.
Oreo Popcorn Tips:
Oreo cookies in a resealable bag and a rolling pin is my simple go-to method for crushing Oreo cookies.
This cookies and cream popcorn is an awesome treat to take to parties, family meals, potluck, gatherings, a friend’s house for movie night, neighbor Christmas gifts, teacher appreciation gifts, etc. Just package it in a cute container or bag if you’re going for the gift idea. So many delicious opportunities! 🙂
Would you like to see more of our favorite recipes? Subscribe to our recipe email.
More Popcorn Recipes
- Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Killian Corn Recipe
- Easy Cinnamon Popcorn Recipe
- Healthier Caramel Popcorn
- Cinnamon Bun Popcorn Recipe
- 13-15 cups popped plain popcorn about 1/2 cup kernels plus 2 tablespoons
- 20 Oreo cookies crushed
- 24 ounces vanilla Almond Bark
- Sift the popped popcorn with your fingers and transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet or spread onto waxed paper, parchment paper, foil, baking mat, etc. (You leave behind most of the un-popped kernels by using your hands to transfer.)
- Melt the Almond Bark according to package directions. I usually use the microwave.
- While the Almond Bark is still warm, drizzle it evenly over the popcorn. Immediately sprinkle the crushed Oreo cookies over the popcorn. You can stir the popcorn around a bit if you need to spread the toppings more.
- Let it set for a minute, then dump the popcorn into a large bowl. Gently stir a little bit, if needed, to more evenly distribute the toppings. Let the Almond Bark fully set for a few more minutes, then serve and enjoy!
Recipe Source: Chef in Training