Heath Toffee Bits Cookies Recipe
Heath Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies
If you are looking for something with a little chocolate but different from plain old chocolate chip cookies then these Heath toffee bits cookies will do just the trick! These cookies are soft and chewy and incredibly tender on the inside. Slightly crunchy on the outside and did I mention chocolatey??
Along with all that deliciousness, the toffee adds a bit of a buttery taste that melts in your mouth. I also love that the toffee bits add a festive flair to the cookies making them perfect for a cookie platter, cookie exchange, or Christmas party! Plus, these cookies are quick and easy to make so they are perfect when you don’t have much time during the Holidays for baking.
Ingredients for Heath Toffee Bits Cookies
The ingredients for these chocolate chip toffee cookies are pretty similar to other chocolate chip cookie recipes, but with the addition of Heath Bits ‘O Brickle Toffee Bits. You can find these toffee bits in most grocery stores, or you can usually find them for a pretty good price on Amazon as well.
For the chocolate chips in this recipe, I usually go with dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet. The dark chocolate goes really well with the toffee flavor and it contains a bit less sugar so I usually try to go with that.
Making These Heath Cookies for the Holidays?
Giving cookies to your loved ones during the holidays is a great way to show them how much you care. Cookies are one of the best homemade gifts to receive too!
The main problem with giving cookies as a gift is delivering them. If you use your own dish, you’ll have to ask for it back at some point, which could be a hassle. Here’s a simple solution:
Wilton 4-Count Christmas Holiday Sweet Swap Cookie Tray Kit
This cookie tray kit makes it easy for you to wrap up and package your cookies, and it looks professional! Plus, you’ll never have to ask for your dish back.
More Cookie Recipes:
- The Best Chocolate Cookies Recipe Ever
- Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe (Soft & Light)
- Dairy-Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Perfect Iced Pumpkin Sugar Cookies Recipe
- Chewy Almond Butter Cookies Recipe
Would you like to see more of our recipes? Subscribe to our weekly recipe email.
Heath Toffee Bits Cookies Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter or margarine, softened 1-1/2 sticks
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Heat oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl until well blended.
- Add eggs; blend well.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating well.
- Stir in toffee bits (reserving 1/2 cup for garnish on the top) and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle a few bits of toffee sprinkles on top of hot cookies.
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
Comments & Reviews
I was disappointed with these cookies. The flavor of the cookies were outstanding and very flavorful. But the cookies spread out so flat and were flimsy. I found another recipe with the exact same ingredients, but it only called for 1/2 cup instead of 3/4 cup of butter. By decreasing the amount of butter made these cookies perfect and delightful.
Sorry to hear they didn’t turn out. I will have to test it out with 1/2 cup of butter instead and compare the results! Thanks for sharing what worked better for you, Doreen. 🙂