Homemade Cosmic Brownies Recipe
Homemade Cosmic Brownies
These homemade Cosmic Brownies are a dark, dense and very rich brownie. I think it is the chocolate ganache that really makes them taste like the real thing!
Cosmic Brownie Ingredients:
These copycat cosmic brownies mix up like a pretty normal brownie recipe with a couple of exceptions, the addition of cornstarch gives it a little bit more of a fudge-like texture, which is what we are going for with these.
Also, the baking powder instead of baking soda helps to add to the fudge-like texture, the brownies rise just a little bit differently.
Other than that, all the ingredients are pretty similar to any other brownie recipe!
Start this recipe off by making your brownie batter and getting your brownies in the oven first. Once you’ve done that, you can whip up the ganache and have it ready to pour over the brownies right when they come out! Once the ganache has set, then you are ready to dig in!
To get the best results with this cosmic brownie recipe, having a good brownie pan helps a lot. Here’s one that we recommend:
- 12 cavities for a dozen, snack-size brownies with smooth sides and crisp edges
- You can easily customize your brownies, adding different toppers to each treat – nuts, candies and more
- The non-stick coating makes it easy to remove the treats from the pan
- If you like the edge pieces of the brownie pan then you will love to bake individual brownies and other baked treats in the Wilton brownie bar pan
Let Us Know What You Think
In my opinion, this homemade Cosmic Brownies recipe is a pretty close copy of the real thing. I think it might just become my “go to” brownie recipe!
It would be super fun to do a side-by-side taste test with these homemade cosmic brownies and the real Little Debbie ones. Maybe we can do that in the future to see how similar they are.
If you end up trying this recipe yourself, let us know what you think. Do you like these better than the original cosmic brownies, or worse?
Would you like to see more of our recipes? Subscribe to our weekly recipe email.
More Brownie Recipes:
- Low Carb Brownies Recipe
- The Best Zucchini Brownies Recipe
- Black Bean Brownies with Essential Oils
- Butter Fudge Brownie Fingers Recipe
- Sinful Caramel Brownies
Homemade Cosmic Brownies Recipe
- 1¼ c. all-purpose flour
- ¾ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 c. sugar
- ⅔ c. brown sugar
- ¾ c. (1½ sticks) butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. milk
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ c. milk chocolate chips
- ½ c. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish, set aside.
- In the bowl or a stand mixer, beat melted butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until mixed.
- In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt. With mixing speed on low, alternate adding dry ingredients and milk. Mix just until combined.
- Remove bowl from stand and pour batter into prepared pan. The batter will be thick, so using a rubber spatula, spread into an even layer. Place in oven and bake for 18-25 minutes. The brownies will be done, so do not over-bake or you will have dry brownies! Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan.
- Meanwhile to prepare the ganache, in a 2 c. glass measuring cup, combine chocolate chips and heavy cream. Microwave for one minute, stir, then repeat. Stir chocolate until all of the chips are melted and it becomes smooth. Beat for 1 minute and then pour over the top of the brownies. Spread evenly and sprinkle with desired toppings. Serve warm or cold.