This is my favorite Mexican soup! It’s made with fresh vegetables & good any time of the year.
My favorite kitchen tool for this meal is my Herb Kitchen Scissors for only $9.95 & is eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup dry uncooked rice
- 9 cups beef broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 carrots, peeled & diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 6 medium potatoes peeled & diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 4 small zucchini
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder (can use 1 clove fresh garlic)
- 1/4 Tbsp pepper
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Combine raw ground beef with dry uncooked rice in mixing bowl, stir together.
- Make small balls with meat mixture then place in refrigerator.
- In a large stock pan add tomatoes, carrots, onion, potatoes, & celery.
- Bring to boil.
- Once boiling then add zucchini, cumin, garlic, & pepper.
- Add meat balls to stock pan, turn down heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serves 8