Air Fryer Meatball Pasta Bake
Air Fryer Meatball Pasta Bake is a delicious restaurant-quality dinner recipe with al dente pasta, frozen meatballs, and other simple ingredients.
It is like casseroles you would make in the oven, but done faster in the air fryer without a pan to clean up.
Aka the best way to make a meatball pasta bake recipe and will quickly be added to your family favorites dinner list.
Ingredients needed for making Air Fryer Meatball Pasta Bake:
- Uncooked penne pasta
- Frozen meatballs
- Marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Shredded parmesan cheese
Supplies needed for this Air Fryer Meatball Pasta Bake:
- Large pot
- Medium mixing bowl
- Air fryer (Cosori Pro II)
Ways to spice up this baked meatball casserole recipe:
To change up the flavour of this casserole dish, you can add even more spices to the pasta mixture:
- Dried parsley
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic salt
Different meat options for meatball casserole bake:
Instead of using frozen meatballs, you can swap them out for your other favorite protein. Here are a few to choose from:
- Ground beef
- Ground chicken
- Ground turkey
- Ground pork sausage
How to store the pasta leftovers:
If you have any leftovers of this meatball pasta bake, place them in an air-tight container and store them in the fridge for 3-5 days.
How to make Air Fryer Meatball Pasta Bake:
Step 1: Prepare pasta and meatballs
Let water boil in a pot. Once the water boils, add penne to the pot and cook the pasta based on the package instructions.
Then, add meatballs to the air fryer basket and cook at 350 degrees F or 177 degrees C for 8 minutes.
Once the pasta is al dente, drain the penne using a colander.
Step 2: Mix pasta mixture
Carefully remove the meatballs from the air fryer basket and cut the meatballs in half.
Add the meatballs, penne, marinara sauce, pesto, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese together in the same pot used to boil the penne (or in a separate bowl). Stir everything together until it is combined.
Step 3: Bake the pasta
Lay down a piece of foil in the air fryer basket, allowing some to come up on the sides to make sure the pasta doesn’t fall down the sides.
Then transfer the pasta mixture to the tin foil, spreading it out in a single layer. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese
Air fry the pasta mixture at 320 degrees F or 120 degrees C for 8 min, or until the pasta is baked to your liking.
Now, carefully remove the pasta and enjoy!
Air Fryer Pasta Recipes:
If you weren’t sure, the air fryer is still a great way to make pasta. No need to preheat the air fryer like you would the oven, so it speeds up the process! Give these delicious ones a try:
- All in One Air Fryer Feta Penne Pasta
- Air Fryer Shrimp Scampi
- Poor Man’s Lasagna Recipe (Oven and Air Fryer Instructions)
This meatball pasta bake made in the air fryer is a great way to change up your everyday pasta night. You can get all the same texture you would get from the oven but made in the air fryer with less time.
Such a great dinner recipe to make during those busy weeknights without giving into fast food.
Side dishes to serve with air fryer pasta bake:
- Air Fryer Broccoli from Frozen
- How to Roast Any Vegetable in the Air Fryer
- Rice in the Air Fryer
- The Best Fried Rice in the Air Fryer
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Meatball Pasta Bake
- Let water boil in a pot. Once water boils, add penne to pot. Then, add meatballs to air fryer basket and cook at 350 °F for 8 minutes.
- Drain penne once it is cooked.
- Remove meatballs from the air fryer basket. Cut the meatballs in half. Add the meatballs, penne, marinara sauce, pesto, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese together in the same pot used to boil the penne (or in a separate bowl). Stir until combined.
- Lay down a piece of tinfoil in the air fryer basket, allowing some to come up on of the sides.
- Transfer pasta mixture to the tin foil. Lay in a single layer. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese
- Air fry at 320 °F for 8 min, or until pasta is baked to your liking.
- Remove and enjoy!
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!