The Best 5-Ingredient Teriyaki Ranch Chicken Recipe for the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Anniversary Chicken
Do you need a quick, easy dinner on the table quick? Then, you need to try this anniversary chicken recipe in the air fryer! This recipe is perfect if you want to feed a crowd or if you want to feed just a couple.
What is anniversary chicken?
Anniversary chicken is a classic recipe that I have been making in my home for years. We like to call it anniversary chicken because we like to save this tasty recipe for special occasions. We also like to call this recipe teriyaki ranch chicken. This recipe is so delicious, easy, and quick!
5 ingredient chicken recipe
This is recipe is so incredibly simple! You only need 5 ingredients and about 30 minutes of actual meal prep and cooking time!
To make a delicious teriyaki ranch chicken, you will need 4 chicken breasts and these tasty marinade ingredients:
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- ½ cup Ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2-4 tablespoons bacon bits
How to make teriyaki ranch chicken in the air fryer
If you thought the ingredients for this recipe are easy, just wait until you try assembling this recipe together! Here are a couple of tips for making perfect chicken in the air fryer!
Tip #1: Use a meat pounder
Pound out the chicken breasts using a meat pounder. This will make it so that the chicken has an even thickness. This will make cooking the chicken in the air fryer not only quicker, but it will also cook evenly.
Tip #2: Marinate the chicken
The marinade ingredients for this chicken are creamy and delicious. Place the chicken in a Ziploc bag or a bowl. Add in the teriyaki sauce, ranch dressing, and the chicken breasts.
You will want to let the chicken for at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours.
Tip #3: Use an instant read meat thermometer
Once you start cooking the chicken in the air fryer, use an instant read meat thermometer to get the internal temperature of the chicken during the cooking process. All air fryer make and models are different, so if you have an instant read thermometer, then you will know when you chicken is done cooking thoroughly and ready to be enjoyed!
How long should I cook chicken for in the air fryer?
Once the chicken marinates for at least 30 minutes. Place the chicken- marinade included- in the air fryer basket. Cook the chicken at 380˚F/193˚C for about 7 minutes.
Flip the chicken and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
What is the internal temperature of chicken?
Chicken breasts are completely cooked once it reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F/73.9˚C.
Check the internal temperature. Add the cheese and bacon toppings. Depending on how to close the internal temp is to 160˚F, cook for an additional 2-6 more minutes.
Side note: the internal temperature of chicken thighs is 170˚F/76.7˚C. Yes, you could use chicken thighs with this marinade.
How to make the best air fryer chicken
To make chicken juicy and delicious. Stop cooking the chicken once it reaches around 160˚F/71˚C. Tent the chicken in foil or let it rest inside the air fryer basket for 5 or so minutes. The chicken will continue to come to temperature.
This way, the chicken will still be juicy when you are ready to eat it after it comes to temperature.
The best toppings for teriyaki ranch chicken
After you let the chicken rest and come to temperature, sprinkle on green onions and serve.
Alternative recipe version
I love this recipe with the cheese, bacon, and green onions. However, this recipe tastes just as great without any of these toppings. Just cook the chicken until it comes to temperature and enjoy with your favorite sides such as a baked potato, rice, broccoli, or even a fruit salad!
Can I freeze this recipe?
Yes, you can! Place the chicken with the marinade ingredients in a freezer safe bag. When you are ready to make this recipe, let the chicken sit and thaw in the refrigerator until it is completely thawed and ready to make!
This recipe is incredibly easy and simple to make. I love how creamy and flavorful this chicken is just with a simple ranch and teriyaki sauce marinade. This recipe is a hit for special occasions or even when you need a tasty dinner fast!
More tasty air fryer recipes
- The Quick and Easy Guide to Air Fryer Roast Beef Dinner
- Easy-to-Make Air Fryer Salmon Fajitas
- Brown Sugar Spiced Pork Tenderloin in the Air Fryer
- 6 Ingredient Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts in the Air Fryer
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
Anniversary Chicken in the Air Fryer
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- ½ cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shreddred
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2-4 tablespoons bacon bits
- Pound the thicker end of each chicken breast to even it out so they will cook more evenly. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel. Place in bowl or bag and add teriyaki sauce and ranch dressing. Let sit for at least 30 minutes, no more than 8 hours.
- Place chicken in the air fryer basket and cook at 380˚F/193˚C for about 10 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Add the cheese and bacon and cook for 2-6 more minutes, or until internal thermometer reads 160-165˚F/71-74°C. Then let it rest for 5 minutes, sprinkle on green onions and serve.
Recipe Adapted From: All Recipes