Thirty+ Ways to Use Lavender Essential Oil
Pure therapeutic-grade lavender oil is one of those oils that I want to have on hand all the time! If you are new to essential oils, lavender is a great one to start with because it has so many wonderful qualities and uses.
Benefits of using Lavender:
- Widely used for its calming and relaxing qualities.
- Soothes occasional skin irritations.
- Reduces appearance of skin imperfections.
- Helps to ease feelings of tension.
This essential oil is incredibly useful with so many beneficial properties! When in doubt, try lavender! Here are some specific ways you can put lavender to use in your home:
Emotionally, lavender essential oil is said to be the oil of honest communication and expression. It calms a racing mind, allowing a person to settle into their heart and speak with gentleness and kindness. It also eases anxiety or fear, including fears of rejection, and allows a person to feel present, calm, and engaged in healthy ways. It increases a sense of security and peace, and in this way helps to build trust in one’s self and others.
- Air Deodorizing Spray – Combine lavender and water in a glass spray bottle and spray to freshen a closet, mattress, car, or as an air freshener.
- Racing Mind – Diffuse or apply lavender to help calm a racing mind.
- Bath Salts/Sugar Scrub/Homemade Soap – Add lavender to your homemade bath salts, soaps, or sugar scrubs for a relaxing floral scent.
- Support Your Immune System – Using lavender regularly may help support proper function of your immune system.
- Bug Repellent – Apply to help repel gnats, mosquitoes, and more.
- Minor Skin Irritations – Dilute lavender in fractionated coconut oil and apply to the skin irritation. Melaleuca (commonly called Tea Tree oil) can also be helpful in supporting clear skin. You can apply it to the scalp as well!
- Cooking – Use it in cooking to soften citrus flavors and add flavor to marinades, baked goods, and desserts.
- Feelings of anxiety, fear, or sadness – Apply lavender, diffuse in the air or inhale, or take internally. The soothing and calming effects can help balance overwhelming emotions.
- Skin irritation from prolonged diaper exposure – Add lavender to coconut oil and apply to skin irritation.
- For occasional ear discomfort – Apply lavender and Melaleuca oils along the outside of the ear.
- Helps restore mental alertness or wakefulness when experiencing fatigue or drowsiness – Soak in a warm bath with a couple drops of lavender.
- Hot Flash due to Menopause – Add some drops of lavender to a cool washcloth and gently rub on forehead and neck.
- Relieves head and neck tension – Apply lavender to the forehead and temples. Works well to combine with peppermint oil!
- Heart Health – Apply lavender to the chest to support a steady heartbeat and heart health.
- Homemade Cleaning Products – Add lavender for its lovely fragrance and essential properties.
- Insect Sting or Bite – Apply lavender on a sting or insect bite to relieve itching and reduce swelling.
- Itchy Skin – Apply pure lavender oil to help soothe itchy skin and promote healing.
- Linen Spray – Combine lavender and water in a glass spray bottle and spray to freshen sheets and linens.
- Massage – Add 3-5 drops of essential oil to 1 ounce of fractionated coconut oil.
- Cramps during Menstrual Cycle– Apply lavender on the abdomen area for relief within 15 minutes.
- After Sun Exposure – Apply lavender oil to a skin after sun exposure or becoming friendly with a hot pan! It works better that cold water!
- Common Scrapes and Cuts – Use lavender oil to help stop bleeding in small wounds and also prevent scarring.
- Morning sickness during pregnancy – Place a drop of lavender oil on the end of tongue, behind the ears, or around the navel.
- Relaxing Bath – Add lavender to bath water for a more relaxing bath.
- Seasonal or environmental threats – Combine lemon, lavender, and peppermint oils for allergy relief.
- To relax before bed – Add a few drops of lavender oil to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet for a restful sleep.
- Stretch Marks – Applying lavender with gently massage may help prevent stretch marks and decrease the appearance of existing ones.
- Summer Drinks – A few drops of lavender is refreshing in sweet iced tea and lemonade.
- Pain from getting a new tooth – Add 1-2 drops of lavender to a teaspoon of fractionated coconut oil and apply to gum or outer jawline.
- Lemon Bars – add a drop or two of lavender oil to your lemon bars to turn them into an entirely new experience! (Make sure the oils you use have supplement facts and are safe for internal use!)
- Chicken or Pork recipes – I like to add a drop or two of lavender and rosemary to the broth in my pressure cooker after my food is done, and it’s had a chance to cool.
Some people have sensitivities to certain essential oils, so be sure to test the oil on a small area first. For sensitive skin, you can dilute the essential oil with a carrier oil, like fractionated coconut oil.
The properties and uses of lavender oil do NOT apply to all essential oil brands. Most of what you find at the drug store and some of what you find online is not a therapeutic grade and may be lacking in quality, or even contain contaminants, filler or additives. Avoid online purchases that aren’t directly from the company because it is hard to tell if the oil has been tampered with. If you plan to ingest the oil, you really should purchase it from a trusted brand and source.
The best essential oil companies follow these guidelines:
- Uses proper varieties of each plant
- Grown in the indigenous region
- Grown without chemical pesticides or herbicides
- Harvested during the peak of quality
- Extracted with proper temperature and pressure to preserve oil molecules
- Third-party testing of each and every batch
- Oils are safe to ingest
See all of our Natural Solutions!
If you want to learn more about the essential oils we use email me at seekingwellness at fabulesslyfrugal dot com or text me at 208-907-OILS. I can tell you more about the oils we choose or answer any questions that you may have. I can even teach you the best way to buy so that you can save the most money possible.
Trending Blog Posts
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again