4 Essential Oils for Sinus Pressure and Congestion
How to Relieve Sinus Pressure with Essential Oils
You know when your sinuses are plugged up, and you just want to pull your sinus out through your eyeballs to relieve the pressure? It’s a horrible feeling!
I have tried many decongestants in the past, but I simply felt like they made me feel even worse! I always felt like I was walking around in a medicated coma, full of chemicals inside of me. Plus, they’d make me super drowsy too!
Now I use natural essential oils for sinus pressure and it works better than any store-bought decongestant that I’ve tried. I call it the Sinus Buster Jar!
Note: Don’t use just “any” essential oil here guys (I use doTERRA essential oils)… a lot of the ones that are available are laced with synthetic oils! You don’t want that anywhere near you! More info on what I use below…
Sinus Buster Jar Ingredients:
- 1 Jelly Jar, 4 oz
- 15 Drops Peppermint CPTG essential oil
- 15 DropsOregano CPTG essential oil
- 15 Drops Melaleuca CPTG essential oil
- 15 Drops Lemon CPTG essential oil
- 4-5 cotton balls
How to Make the Sinus Buster Jar
- Add cotton balls to a 4 oz Jelly Jar.
- Add 15 drops of Lemon, Oregano, Melaleuca, and Peppermint oils.
How to Use It
Hold the sinus buster jar directly under your nose and breathe deeply 10 to 15 times. Relief should be pretty immediate. Repeat as often as necessary.
Be sure to have a box of Kleenex nearby, because your nose is going to start running like crazy!
Does this really work?
I was skeptical at first too. But after less than an hour (about 4 breathing sessions with the Sinus Buster Jar) I could close my mouth and breathe through my nose again.
I was planning on calling the doctor in the morning. Glad I didn’t because it would have been an almost $200 office visit.
Here’s Why it Works
It’s the amazing pure essential oils sourced by doTERRA! They are crazy awesome at helping your body support it’s natural function because they come from plants. Plants that are grown and harvested in their indigenous location (see image above).
Think about it… plants and trees have their own natural defense mechanisms. They’ve been surviving and thriving on the earth for a LONG TIME!
Essential oils are the natural aromatic compounds found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. Essential oils have been used throughout history in many cultures for their medicinal and therapeutic benefits.
Using essential oils that have been properly sourced and distilled, you’ll find that you’ve got some incredibly powerful compounds in those essential oils! That’s why I love using essential oils to support my own body’s natural defense and cleansing systems.
Here’s why these particular essential oils work so well:
- Peppermint – Promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing.
- Oregano– Provides immune-enhancing benefits, supports healthy digestion and respiratory function, and is an excellent source of antioxidants.
- Melaleuca (more commonly known as “tea tree oil”) – Promotes healthy immune function and protects against environmental and seasonal threats.
- Lemon – Cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces, naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion, supports healthy respiratory function, and promotes a positive mood and cognitive ability (which is awesome when you’re stuffed up and not feeling your best!)
How to Keep Sinus Pressure at Bay
After you are feeling better, you don’t want the sinus pressure to come back! We have 2 awesome ways to help support your body fighting seasonal or environmental threats! They are amazing and super easy:
- Put 2 drops of Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint in a veggie capsule, and take with water once a day. You can also put 1 drop of each under your tongue or in water.
- Put 15 drops of each oil into a 10 ml roll-on bottle, fill with Fractionated Coconut Oil and rub on the bottom of your toes, morning and night.
Like I said above, be careful about taking oils internally. I ALWAYS use oils that are CPTG (Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade). This way I know that what I put in my body is not only safe, it’s pure and will be therapeutic… in fact, every single batch goes through 17 different rigorous tests to ensure quality! Learn more about Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils.
Curious about essential oils?
If you’d like to learn how I save a TON of money on essential oils, email me at cathy at fabulesslyfrugal dot com. Let me help you understand the power of essential oils and teach you the best way to get them in your home.
More Uses for Essential Oils:
- DIY Essential Oil Spray Recipe (Energy Booster)
- How to Make DIY Poo Pourri Spray with Essential Oils
- Do Essential Oils Really Save You Money?
Trending Blog Posts
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again