Sparkler Safety Cup
The Fourth of July is just around the corner, which means, BBQ’s, red, white and blue, and of course fireworks!! Â My son has always liked how sparklers look when they are going, but has also always been scared to hold them. Â He doesn’t like getting sparked by them. Â When I saw this simple solution floating around Pinterest Land, I knew we had to try it out. Â Now he wants to do sparklers every night!! Â If your child is a bit timid about them, just grab a cup…works great!!
Red solo cup
Poke a hole in the bottom of the cup with a screwdriver.
Place end of sparkler into the hole from the bottom side of the cup. Â Have child hold stick of sparkler from the inside of the cup.
Trending DIY Projects
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like
to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again
This is a terrible idea. If the plastic melts, it will spread and mold to the childs hand, causing a much more severe burn than a spark from the actual sparkler.
Amy, I appreciate your comment. Sparklers, in my experience have been fairly safe to begin with, my son just doesn’t like how it sparks his hands. For us, this was a great solution…now he loves them! We have done it many times, and never had a problem with the plastic cup melting or even having a melt mark on it. But, I appreciate your concern.