BIG Changes to Amazon Subscribe & Save!!
I love Amazon Subscribe & Save! It is a great way to save even more on things my family uses day to day. Amazon made some big changes to the way the Subscribe & Save program works. The awesome FF team has researched and tested the new program, so read on and we’ll give you the low down! Don’t be worried, you can still save BIG on your Amazon Subscribe & Save orders!
Amazon Subscribe & Save Change #1: SHIPPING
This part is a bummer for those of you that don’t have prime (kinda):
- In order to get FREE shipping on your Subscribe & Save order, you must be an Amazon Prime Member OR your minimum order total must be $25.00. You can combine the SS items with non SS to make the $25, which is new!
- Subscribe & Save orders that fall below $25 will have shipping charges added (if you’re not a Prime Member). Non-Prime members will either need to pay for shipping or wait until your cart holds $25 or more to get Free Shipping.
Now, if you normally have 5+ subscriptions a month to score your max discount of (usually) 15% off (which you really should be doing to maximize your savings) then you will very likely reach the $25 with no issues. Shipping will be free each month. Easy peasy.
Prime members will continue to get free shipping with no minimum. If you don’t have 5+ subscriptions each month, you should look HERE for ideas. Many items that I waste valuable time and sanity going to the store for I now have as subscriptions, at comparable prices to the store, and they show up at my door without me even having to think about it. Win win for me!
Amazon Subscribe & Save Change #2: TIMING
Another change is when you can get your subscription! You now have some choices, but they may come with a cost!
- Choose to have it shipped immediately and receive a 5% discount! I actually LOVE this option! Sometimes I don’t want to wait, but I’m bummed to pay full price. Now, if I need something sooner than later, I can at least get a 5% discount, and then it will be added to my regular S&S order at a 15% discount (of course, this assumes you have 5 items in your order). The only drawback to this (aside from not being patient to wait for it and get your full 15% discount), is that in some cases, you cannot stack some coupons and other discounts with the immediate delivery option (see change #3 for more details).
- OR like always, choose to have it shipped on your regular subscribe & save shipping date, and you’ll get the full discount and will always be able to stack coupons (when available) with the 15% discount.
Amazon Subscribe & Save Change #3: COUPONS & DISCOUNTS
Some coupons are now only available with a Subscribe & Save order!
If you choose immediate delivery of your Subscribe & Save item, a few coupons will not apply on that immediate deliver order. BUT they WILL apply to your first REGULAR delivery of that item.
- Most of these coupons will say, for example, “$3 discount with your first Subscribe & Save delivery on XX date (your next regular delivery date).”
- If you can wait for the item, then you score the coupon discount when that item ships with your normal Subscribe & Save delivery.
- MOST items DO still allow coupons with that immediate delivery, so it will depend on the item. Always put it in your cart to see, and make sure it applies!
Here is how the screen looks now (desktop) for Subscribe and Save items. To choose immediate delivery with Subscribe & Save, check the Subscribe & Save box. To choose your regular delivery (and get your max discount), click the link that says “Skip immediate delivery and just add subscription”.
So what do you think? Will this impact you and how your place your subscribe and save orders? Leave a comment on social media, or shoot us a message via our contact form above! OR leave a comment on this post.
Learn more about Amazon Subscribe and Save
See the best Amazon Subscribe and Save Deals
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like
to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again