I spent almost 70 minutes in the grocery store the other day. I had my list. I knew exactly what I was getting (and I only wanted to get the items on my list!) and we were going to get it done! Now, normally my kids are awesome in the store. We shop… a lot! But last week, my kids had the “I wants”. I want that! Mom, can I have… We need some … Whatever it was, they wanted it. I was sick (literally – I had bronchitis and a sinus infection), I was exhausted, and the very last thing I wanted to do was grocery shop. But, we needed groceries, so off I went.
Get this – Did you know you can shop at your local Kroger store (HELLO FRED MEYER!) without ever leaving your vehicle? You simply place your order, their friendly associates will choose your items with care… meaning you don’t have to worry about over ripe fruit about to go bad! They pick it out like they were picking it out for their own home! Then you pull up to your designated
parking waiting spot (because you won’t be there for long!), they’ll bring your groceries out to your car and load them into your car.
If you don’t have ClickList in your area yet, this tells them you want it!
It’s simply beautiful!
There’s one catch. For your safety, and the safety of the employees, you have to pay with your debit or credit card. No cash, check, or gift cards. That’s right. You don’t even have to run to the bank to pull out cash! They want to save you as much time and money as possible! A quick
swipe insert of your card, and you’re off! You don’t even have to pay until you pick up your groceries!
Perks of ClickList
- Customers can shop for more than 40,000 items, including fresh produce, meat and seafood, dairy and frozen products, across the entire store with more being added all the time.
- Quality and freshness are ClickList’s top priorities. Order selectors will hand-select produce, meat and seafood items for each order with quality and freshness top of mind.
- These items will then be stored appropriately, including refrigeration or freezing, until it’s time to load them into a customer’s car.
- Order selectors use hand-held picking devices to accurately locate and pick the products for all orders scheduled that day for pick-up.
- During the confirmed one hour pick up window, Customer drives up to convenient pick up location at the store and pays for the order using credit card or debit card. (We are moving to online payment so this point may change based on timing of post).
- CL attendant delivers the order to the car within minutes of arrival at the pick-up area. The ClickList fee is $4.95 per order. For a customer’s first three orders, the fee will be waived.
Wait Did That Say FIVE Dollars?
It only costs FIVE DOLLARS!! And not even five WHOLE dollars? To have someone else do my grocery shopping? To not have to tote my kids around the store and constantly break up the I want this, I want this, she let go of the cart, why do I have to hold on, etc etc, etc.
This will save me at least 2 hours per month, probably closer to 4, maybe more! FIVE DOLLARS?! **Hallelujah** (Did you hear that chorus of heavenly voices?! – They are rejoicing with you – and my tone deaf mouth is staying firmly closed – you’re welcome!) Um, yes!! Please yes. Shut up and take my money!
How it works:
You go to www.fredmeyer.com/ClickList – to start using the new service on your desktop, phone or tablet.
Then you choose a location and a convenient time slot (a one-hour window – for example, 5-6 p.m.; time slots are limited) for pick-up. Pick-up hours are typically 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days a week. Orders placed by midnight can be picked up the next day as early as 7 or 8 a.m.
Finally, you browse the ClickList website, places product in basket, finalizes cart and checks out.
The items you chose are carefully picked out, and stored correctly until your pickup window!
Then you pull up, pay, and bam! All done!
BUT wait – we love being frugal! In fact it’s in our name!
And while we don’t generally post coupon match-ups, etc anymore, we still use them! Digital coupons loaded to a Shopper’s card will automatically be applied to an order with relevant items at pick-up and discounted from the total. Paper coupons can also be presented and redeemed at the time an order is picked up!! WOOT WOOT!! Think of the time and money that will save!
And of course, the FabuLESS part!
You can build their online order by selecting from items they have recently purchased in-store or online and from your designated favorites! You’re going to save time, money, and energy! Just think… you drop your kids off at school, pull up to your local Kroger store, and your groceries are loaded into the car! You’re home with your grocery shopping done before your kids have their coats off and backpacks put away!
What would you do with the extra time that ClickList saves you?
Comment below with what you will do with your #OneExtraHour. On September 1st we will pick a random winner from the comments below!
- Limit One entry per person, per method
- Giveaway ends 11:59 pm MST 8/31/2016
- Public posts on your personal social media networks tagging (@Fred_Meyer #ClickList #FabulesslyFrugal) will count as additional entries – Limit one per person, per social media account! Be sure to leave an additional comment with the link to your post (right click on the date/time stamp, and click copy link!). Share on twitter, Facebook, or Instagram! Be sure to link to our post: http://fabulesslyfrugal.com/100-visa-giveaway-and-get-oneextrahour/ so your friends can learn about it too!
This is a sponsored post, but all opinions are my own.