ABC Mouse Review: Why My Kids and I Love It
Are you tired of your kids getting sucked into mindless games, television, and videos? Here’s my workaround…
I recognize the need to decompress and be a part of the digital world. But I’d MUCH rather have them be benefiting long term from their time on electronics. That’s why I am glad to have found ABCmouse.com.
ABCmouse is a fun “game” software (except you don’t download ANYTHING) that allows kids from ages 2-8 to LEARN while they are PLAYING! This is a total game changer in my house! I have seen how my kids have grown and to be honest, they don’t even realize they are learning!
Be sure to scroll to the bottom to check out my video review of ABCmouse! You won’t want to miss out!
Is ABCmouse Worth It?
Let me tell you a LITTLE bit about ABCmouse and then I will get to why I love it. ABCmouse is a website that promotes early learning in children! Yes! That’s right, this program uses technology to teach children ages 2-8 a FULL online curriculum covering subjects like:
- Language (vocab, grammar, pronunciation)
- Health; and more!
But the reason why I love it the most is because my kids LOVE to play it. They feel like reading is FUN! Now I can let my kids spend time on the tablet or laptop knowing they’ll actually get something valuable out of it. That makes it worth it for me.
TOP 4 Reasons Why I Love ABCmouse:
#1 – THE DEALS
- Regular Price: $119.40 per year (works out to $9.95 per month)
- 49% Off Your Annual Membership!! (works out to be $4.99 a month or $59.95 for the whole year – savings of $59.45)
- Two months for $5: (Savings of $14.90, after that each month is $9.95)
- One Month Free: (Savings of $9.95)
This is such an awesome deal! The amount of learning that will be done definitely pays for the small investment that you will make into this program.
I’ll be honest, I was a little hesitant at first to buy this, but once I saw how much my kids loved this program, I was hooked. And, when I saw noticeable results, I became even more of an advocate!
If you are hesitant about this, I would suggest doing the 1-month free trial. I promise that you will be hooked. The good thing about this program is that no matter what kind of schooling you have your child in, whether it be public, online, homeschooling, or private, all kids can benefit from this!
#2 – Customize ABCmouse.com for up to 3 Children
The settings are awesome! Got one, two or three children ages 2-8? They can each have their own user profile! AND each one of them can learn at a different level and pace! You can also set up daily time limits as well as the hours that the game will work.
Your child(ren) will learn a lot, just by going through the “lessons” (which are like games). You’ll be giving them a great head start on their education, and it will cost just a fraction of what you’d pay for preschool every month!
Your children will also be able to completely customize their profiles to make it their own! They will take pride in their work and will want to advance as quickly as they can!
#3 – Step-by-Step Learning
The Step-by-Step Learning Path presents the full ABCmouse.com curriculum in a carefully designed program of more than 450 lessons in each of the TEN levels. You can move the level forward or backward so it’s the right pace for your child! THIS IS AWESOME!!
I have some kids that are ahead of their age group, so I can move them ahead. I also have some kids that are behind, and I can put them behind if they need it!
Have your kids been on summer or winter break? Prep their brains and have them spend a little extra time on ABCmouse to get back into the fun learning mindset. I feel like when they spend 30 minutes a day playing ABCmouse, they aren’ t losing everything they learned last school year RATHER they are prepping to go back to school smarter than they were the year before!
#4 – Rewards
As your child(ren) completes each lesson, he or she is guided to the next one and is motivated to continue learning by ABCmouse.com’s Tickets and Rewards System (this is what my seven year old LOVES). They can earn virtual items for their room, themselves, their virtual pets, and more!
The lessons of the Step-by-Step Learning Path consist of books, puzzles, games, songs, art activities, and/or printables that relate to a specific topic. Each lesson offers children several different ways to learn, in accordance with the recommendations of early childhood experts.
At each level and activity, they have opportunities to gain rewards and that motivates them to do good. It is not me hounding them saying, “play your game!”, rather them coming to me asking if they can keep playing. They will love this game so much!
Reasons Why My Kids Love ABCmouse.com
- They love designing their own little avatar. In fact, my daughter wants to “earn tickets” to buy more clothing for her little customized avatar. I love the motivation and how this is teaching her to “work” to “earn” something!
- Pets – They can earn pets and toys for their pets… this takes me right back to the whole motivational piece. Yes, it’s so worth it!
- Games, Songs, Stories… there is such a variety. They learn by listening, seeing, and then they incorporate the hand and eye coordination, and then your child sings a long. I love that they learn on so many different levels!
- Electronic Time – My kids see their older siblings on the computer, phones, tablets, etc. and when they get to play their ABCmouse, they feel cool! They are excited that they too can use electronics. I always set a time limit so they don’t spend all day on there, but it is nice to let them feel a little sense of freedom and have some fun.
And don’t forget that you can have up to THREE profiles on ABCmouse… THIS WORKS FOR KIDS AGES 2 ALL THE WAY TO 2ND GRADE!! Give it a try, I bet your kids will love playing ABCmouse.com and they won’t even know they are learning! Get ABCmouse.com now!
ABC Mouse Review: Final Thoughts
I love this program! I have seen how it has benefited my kids and I can’t help but recommend it to all of you! Be sure to comment below and ask any questions or leave any reviews that you have to help out our readers!
ABCmouse Price and Deals:
- Regular Price: $90 per year (works out to $7.50 per month)
- $31 Off Your Annual Membership!! (works out to be $4.91 a month or $59 for the whole year)
- Two months for $5: (Savings of $10, after that each month is $7.95)
- One Month Free: (Savings of $7.95)
Be Sure to Check Out My Video Review!
More about Homeschooling and Learning from Home:
Trending Blog Posts
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like
to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again