Berry Croissant Bake Recipe
Berry Croissant Breakfast Bake or Dessert Recipe! Simple, easy, and delicious!
This dish is perfect as a special breakfast or a dessert. I love it as an Easter dessert! The women in my family have a soft spot for dishes like this, so it would be an awesome Mother’s Day treat too. How about as a Christmas breakfast bake? Yes, definitely!
Fresh or frozen fruit works in this recipe, but frozen is super easy and convenient year-round! Try fruits like strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches, blueberries, and so on. Yum! My favorite so far is raspberries or a berry mix. Add lemon zest or almond extract for some additional flavors, if desired. There are so many fun variations that could happen here!
The number of croissants needed is an estimate since croissants are not all the same size, but I use about 5 large croissants from Costco in a 9×9 pan. For a 9×13 pan, you may end up doubling the amount of croissants.
Let the croissant pieces soak up the cream cheese and milk mixture for at least 20 minutes, then bake it up. You can also prepare it to this point, then cover, refrigerate overnight, and bake in the morning.
Would you like to see more of our favorite recipes?
Subscribe to our recipe email.
The croissants lend their buttery, delicious flavor and the top of the bake becomes slightly crisp. Whoever thought up using croissants in a dish like this is a genius! The texture is similar to a bread pudding with a slight cream cheese flavor, and I love the addition of fruit. This croissant bake recipe is definitely a hit!
Sprinkle powdered sugar over top for a pretty finish. Serve with ice cream, whipped cream, or a fruit syrup to make it an even more decadent dessert!
See more of our favorite breakfast recipes.
Berry Croissant Bake Recipe
- 5 large croissants (about 6 cups)
- 1 cup berries, frozen or fresh
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- Lightly spray a 9-inch square baking dish, or similarly sized baking dish, with nonstick cooking spray. Cut or tear croissants into bite-size pieces and place them in the prepared dish. Evenly distribute the berries over the croissant pieces. (If berry pieces are too large, cut into bite-size pieces.)
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat until combined. Gradually beat in milk. Pour mixture evenly over the croissant pieces and berries. Let stand for at least 20 minutes, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until set in the center and golden brown. (Cover with foil for last 10 minutes if the top is getting too browned.)
- Serve warm with powdered sugar, ice cream, or whipped cream.
Double recipe for a 9x13 size.
Recipe Adapted From: The Girl Who Ate Everything