Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
Easy, healthy, and delicious slow cooker lemon pepper chicken!
Get your Crock-Pot out! This lemon pepper chicken recipe is incredibly flavorful and easy to make! It nearly falls apart when you cut into it because it is so tender and juicy!
If you like lemon pepper seasoning, you will LOVE this chicken. Give it a try this week – or maybe even today, if possible! Seriously.
You only need a few ingredients to make it happen – chicken, whole wheat flour (you can use all-purpose, or any other flour that works for coating), butter or coconut oil, lemon pepper seasoning, fresh lemon juice, and chicken broth.
Not all lemon pepper seasoning is created equally. In fact, some have quite a long list of ingredients, including sugar and artificial ingredients you may or may not want to avoid. You can try making your own seasoning or just pay attention to the ingredients when you buy your next bottle. The seasoning is a big part of this recipe though, so make sure you like the way it tastes too! Anyway, I give you the power of choice when it comes to the lemon pepper seasoning. You can do it!
There’s just something about bite-size pieces of chicken for me. It’s like each bite has more of the flavor, more of the coating, and is easier to eat. But you can certainly leave the chicken pieces larger, like tenderloin size, if you want to.
I love my slow cooker liners!
Instant Pot Instructions
Follow instructions to prep chicken on saute setting and then add all ingredients to instant pot. Cook on Chicken setting, or if using another pressure cooker for 15 minutes at high pressure.
You may also like this fast and healthy Skillet Lemon-Glazed Chicken recipe. It is more of a sweet honey-lemon chicken, rather than the savory flavor of the lemon pepper chicken. My family loves both!
I think this lemon pepper chicken ends up being so juicy, tender, and infused with flavor because it is browned first, then it just slow cooks and simmers away in the lemon juice, seasoning, and broth.
I often like to serve this chicken over rice and with steamed broccoli, then drizzle some of the sauce from the slow cooker over the broccoli too. This chicken would also be great with pasta or in a salad. Yum!
More Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Honey Parmesan Pork Roast
- Beef and Mushrooms
- Lentil Soup with Sausage
- Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
- BBQ Spare Ribs
Would you like to see more of our recipes? Subscribe to our weekly recipe email.
Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice from about 3 lemons
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- Rinse the chicken and cut it into tenderloin-size pieces or 1-inch chunks, whichever you prefer. Then pat the chicken pieces mostly dry with a paper towel.
- Place the flour and 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning into a large resealable bag. Seal and shake to combine. Then add the chicken to the bag, seal, and shake to coat the chicken pieces.
- Heat the butter or oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once melted and hot, add the chicken to the skillet and brown each side. The chicken doesn't need to be cooked through at this point, just browned.
- Use a slow cooker liner or spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray, then place the browned chicken pieces inside. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of lemon pepper seasoning over the chicken. Mix together the lemon juice and broth, then pour it over the chicken and seasoning. Cook on low for 3-4 hours. Serve with rice, noodles, and/or salad.
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Follow instructions to prep chicken on saute setting and then add all ingredients to instant pot.
- Cook on Chicken setting, or if using another pressure cooker for 15 minutes at high pressure.
Recipe Adapted From: FeelGreatin8.com