Funfetti Cake Mix Donuts
Have you seen those funfetti cake donut mix boxes in the store? Well, you can make those delicious pink fluffy sprinkle-filled, glaze-covered bites of heaven right in the air fryer!
I was so excited to see this mix by Pillsbury. My family LOVES donuts and honestly, they can be a little intimidating to make and more work to grab them from the drive-thru than it is worth sometimes.
So, now with this super simple recipe, you can make your own donuts, right in the air fryer in less than 15 minutes. Did I mention how adorable they are? Perfect for Valentine’s Day coming up too!
Ingredients and Supplies You’ll Need to Make Funfetti Cake Mix Donuts:
- Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Donut Mix
- Needed ingredients on the box packaging
- Donut molds
- Nonstick cooking spray or oil sprayer
- Air fryer (the Cosori Pro II is what takes up residence in my kitchen)
Do I Need to Spray the Pan for the Donuts?
In order for the donuts to come out of the molds without falling apart or breaking, I would suggest lightly spraying the molds in advance.
Does This Have a Glaze for the Donuts?
The box should come with a packet to make a simple glaze icing for the donuts. However, if you want to make your own from scratch, you can make up Sally’s Baking Addiction’s perfect vanilla icing recipe and it will work great too!
How Long Do Funfetti Cake Donuts Last?
If you actually have some that last longer than the day you make them (ours were gone super fast!) they will last 2-3 days after you make them when you store them in an airtight container.
However, they are best the same way you make them – just another reason to not hold back and eat them all.
How to Make Funfetti Cake Mix Donuts:
Step 1: Preheat the air fryer
When you are ready to make your funfetti donuts, start by preheating the air fryer to 400 degrees F or 200 degrees C for 5 minutes.
Step 2: Mix together Donut Dough
Then, in a large mixing bowl, combine the powdered cake mix along with any of the necessary ingredients listed on the packaging.
Follow the directions on the package until the batter is completely mixed together.
Step 3: Prepare and Fill the Donut Molds
Once the donut batter is completely done, spray the donut molds with a little bit of oil and then carefully fill them about 2/3rds full.
Step 4: Cook the Donuts
Carefully place the donut mold into the air fryer and then cook the donuts for 4-6 minutes at 370 degrees F or 185 degrees C or until you can insert a toothpick and have it come out clean.
Then carefully remove the donuts and allow them to cool down.
Step 5: Glaze the Donuts
Mix up the glaze according to the directions on the packaging and then either dip the donuts into the glaze or put the glaze in a zip lock bag, make a small cut at the corner, and use it to drizzle the glaze over top of the donuts.
Then simply enjoy and dig in!
More Sweets to Come!
Keep the sugar high coming with even more sweets that you can make in the air fryer. You might even like how quickly you can pull the simple, yet delicious desserts together.
Perfect Valentines Day Treats:
- 4 Ingredient Thumbprint Cookies
- Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Buns
- Fudgy and Perfect Air Fryer Brownies Recipe
- Peanut Butter Chocolate S’mores Dip – 10 Minute Air Fryer Treat
For how simple this recipe is, it is absolutely delicious. You can make homemade donuts in less time than it takes to load up your kids in the car to do and buy donuts. Not to mention, I am generally a sucker for any and all things funfetti so that is always a plus too!
So next time you are at the grocery store grab a box and give them a try in your air fryer for a fun, quick, and easy breakfast.
Make More Delicious Breakfast Recipes in the Air Fryer:
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Funfetti Cake Mix Donuts
- Donut mold
- Oil sprayer
- 1 Box Funfetti Cake Donut Mix All required additional ingredients listed on the packaging
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 °F.
- Beat together the ingredients needed to make the cake mix according to the package.
- Light spray the donut molds with oil.
- Add the mix to fill 2/3 of each donut mold.
- Air fry for 4-6 minutes at 370 °F, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the donuts to cool before adding the glaze.
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!