Fill, fold, and grill…Cheeseburger Quesadillas is a yummy 30 minute meal. It’s delicious paired along-side soup in winter, or a crisp salad in summer.
I like to whip up a little secret sauce, (in Idaho we call it Fry-sauce), for dipping and sometimes I add sliced dill pickles inside too. You can add crisp bacon, even shredded lettuce, any and all your favorites…be creative!
I have found that low-carb tortillas work very well and also use a non-stick skillet, cutting back on additional fat and carbs. Gluten free tortillas work really well too.
Brown and drain ground beef. Add water, vinegar, onion soup mix, ketchup, mustard, and garlic. Stir to combine and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add large tortilla and then filling on half of the tortilla. Add cheese and chopped tomato. Fold and grill. I like to use a press.
Watch and flip to grill the other side after 2 to 3 minutes. Turn onto a cutting board and slice with a pizza cutter.
My favorite way to serve Cheeseburger Quesadillas, is with warm roasted red-pepper tomato soup, garnished with sliced avocado. It really is my comfort food on a cold winter night!
- 1 pound lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Brown and drain ground beef.
- Add water, vinegar, onion soup mix, ketchup, mustard and garlic.
- Stir to combine and simmer over low-medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Warm a large tortilla on both sides.
- Add filling to 1/2 of the tortilla, sprinkle with generous amount of cheese and tomatoes.
- Fold tortilla in half and hold it in place with a press.
- Watch carefully and turn quesadilla over when it's golden brown, generally 2 to 3 minutes.
- Grill the other side and remove immediately from skillet to a cutting board.
- Slice quesadilla in half or quarters with a pizza cutter.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Serves 6
Try using GF or low-carb tortillas with this one!