5 Simple Ways to Recycle Your Old Jeans!
5 Craft Ideas for Old Jeans
If you’re like me, you’ve got some old pairs of jeans stuffed to the back of your closet that you never wear anymore. Instead of letting them collect more dust, why not do something with them?
Believe it or not, there are a ton of different ways to recycle old jeans. All it takes is a bit of time and some craftiness and you can turn those old jeans into something brand new! Here are 5 DIY ideas to get you started:
1. Button Lunch Bags
These button lunch bags are truly stylish and super unique! Honestly, they’re so well done that they look like something that you could buy at a store!
- ½ yard of sturdy fabric. I used Robert Kaufman’s Denim- 8 oz in Indigo Washed and Robert Kaufman’s Railroad Denim in Deluxe Twill Stripe Indigo.
- A package of Captain 88’s Solid Linen Cotton Bias Tape to match your fabric. I used Navy and Natural.
- Two 110-yard spools of Gutermann’s Cotton Thread to match your fabric and bias tape. I used colors 6210 and 1040.
- One of Purl Soho’s Oblong Buttons. I used Fuchsia and Marine.
2. Upcycle: Old jeans, new top, chop chop!
Who knew you could turn an old pair of jeans into a beautiful crop top! This is such a great way to upcycle your jeans.
- Old jeans
- Tape measure
- Sewing machine
3. DIY Cool Handbag from Old Jeans
This amazing DIY will show you how to make a handbag from your old pair of jeans. The coolest part about it is that the pocket from the jeans is fully functional on the outside of the bag!
- Sewing machine
- Needle and thread
4. DIY: Trashion Denim Wrist Cuff Bracelet
If you really want to rock the denim look, why not go all out with a denim bracelet? Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also super customizable so get creative!
Unfortunately, the tutorial for this project is no longer online, so you’ll have to experiment on your own with this one!
- Three 6-7 inch pieces of seam-cuts (mix ‘em up for a bit of character)
- Two or three additional small pieces of seam cuts
- A 3-inch piece of a shoelace or covered elastic (like from a ponytail holder)
- A decorative button
- Sewing machine, thread, scissors, etc.
MAKE THIS PROJECT!
5. Denim Rosette Headband Tutorial
What a beautiful denim headband! The roses are really gorgeous and the entire headband looks great. This is a one of a kind item right here.
- Old pair of levis, preferably adult size
- Hot glue
Now that you have a few ideas on how to recycle old jeans, what are you waiting for? If you really want to make one of these crafts but you don’t have any old jeans on hand, hit up the thrift store! You can find $1 pairs of jeans easily.
Other than that, I’d love to hear what you think about these DIY crafts. I think recycling old jeans is great because it’s so much fun, and it’s a good way to help the environment.
By the way, these crafts are fun and all, but it’s still a bummer when you have to get rid of one of your favorite pairs of jeans. Learn how to make your jeans last longer so that you don’t have to buy new ones as often.
More Clothing DIY Ideas:
- How to Restore Color in Clothes Without Bleach
- Top 10 Ways to Reuse Old Towels and Sheets
- 5 Easy DIY Purse Organizer Projects
Trending DIY Projects
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again