Get Prepared for Winter Emergencies With These Safety Tips & Tricks
Winter storms are raging and we want to help you stay safe. Winter is the season that sees the most home fires – with home heating being the second most common cause of house fire. Because winter storms can also frequently bring power outages, we wanted to help give you some tips and facts about winter weather safety to help you be prepared. Don’t forget to stock up on all the essentials to keep on hand. Check out these 24 Ways You Can Save and Make Money in 2024.
Get Winter Ready With These Helpful Tips:
Keep the refrigerator doors closed in a power outage
- If you have a generator, only use outdoors AND away from windows
- Don’t use a gas stove or oven to heat your home
- Disconnect appliances and electronics to avoid damage from electrical surges
- Find a community location that can house you if your home’s temperature is too extreme
- Print off the Power Outage Checklist to keep safe
Item To Keep In Your Home:
If you get the winter weather alerts, make sure to have supplies
- Emergency 72 Hour Kit
- Extra Blankets – You’ll be glad to have extra cozy blankets on hand in case of a power outage.
- Lantern – This lantern can be charged via solar or USB.
- Flashlight – Keep a flashlight in each room in case of a power outage.
- Generator – Small and portable, plus right now it’s on sale for $60 off.
- Solar Powered Battery Bank – Keep your phone charged even with the power out.
- Any medications that you need
Keep a Stash of Emergency Food:
- Water Purifier Straw
- Emergency Food Supply
- Thrive Life Freeze Dried Food – Clean, whole foods with a long shelf life.
In case of power outage, make this DIY stove out of Tea Light Candles and a muffin tin.
Save Money on the ESSENTIALS in THREE Easy Steps!
- Download our FREE app [CLICK HERE!]
- Tap to select the types of deals you want to know about
- Sit back and relax… we’ll do all the work.
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like
to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again