Because they don’t tell you everything on reality television we are here to reveal the secrets of Extreme Couponing. TLC’s Extreme Couponing is really not about education it is more about entertainment. Our goal is to educate you and empower you to save money for your family.
One of the myths of couponing is that coupons are only for processed foods, junk food or food my family does not eat. Even though some coupons are for processed foods that does not mean I buy them all. Just becasue I have a coupon for cookies does not mean I buy them.
When we were featured in the New York Times Magazine many of the people writing in the comments accused us of only eating junk foods. This was baffling to me because in the article it talks about how we bought milk, yogurt, tuna and pasta. At first it really bothered me that people would say that we only eat junk food. They have not looked in my fridge, toured my pantry, or joined us for dinner. How can they accuse me and my friend of feeding our families poorly? But I quickly got over the hurt and bewilderment and realized that some people just need to be educated in the way we save money on food and still eat healthy.
I wrote a series of posts addressing the following topics to help you get the full picture of how we use coupons and sales to save money and eat healthy!
All of the posts in this series….
- Eating Healthy and Saving Money Introduction
- Coupons for Organic Foods
- Eating Healthy and Saving Money
- 5 Easy Ways to Prepare and Preserve Produce
- More Ideas for Preserving Produce
- Saving Money on Meat
- Don’t Be Brand Specific
- Focus on Personal Care Products
- I Admit, Sometimes I Eat Junk Food
If you have any specific topics on the subject of Eating Healthy and Couponing, that you would like me to discuss, please leave a comment. We can discuss in the comments or I will write another article to answer the question.
- Read more tips to answer your couponing questions or get more Extreme Couponing Education tips.
- Get a quick start on Extreme Couponing done right with our coupon class on DVD!