Walmart Savings Catcher
Learn About the Walmart Savings Catcher Program
I would like to introduce you to the Walmart Savings Catcher program! If a local competitor offers a lower advertised price on an item you purchased at Walmart, this new program allows you to get back the difference on a Walmart Rewards eGift Card. You can access Savings Catcher online using your Walmart.com account or with the Savings Catcher app for iPhone or Android.
Submit your receipt to Savings Catcher:
- Enter the receipt number (the TC number) into Savings Catcher at Walmart.com/savingscatcher. You’ll find this number located near the bottom of your printed Walmart store receipt.
- Or scan the code at the bottom of your printed store receipt, using the scanner in the Savings Catcher section of the Walmart app.
You can submit up to 7 receipts per week to Savings Catcher. Savings Catcher applies to in-store purchases only.
Savings Catcher compares the prices of the eligible items you bought at Walmart to the advertised prices found in the print and online versions of the weekly ads of top retailers in your area. The ads must be valid at the time you made your Walmart purchase.
When you submit your receipt using the website, you will see the list of retailers that they are comparing to. When you submit your receipt using our app, you will see the number of top competitors near the Walmart store where you shopped. The name of each competitor will then move across the screen.
If Savings Catcher finds an advertised price that is lower than what you paid for the same exact item at Walmart, you’ll get back the difference on a Walmart Rewards eGift Card. Savings Catcher will send you your results within 72 hours of receipt submission. You will be notified of your results by email or through the Walmart app.
You have the option to accumulate your Rewards Dollars and build your balance in Savings Catcher or transfer it onto a Walmart Rewards eGift Card whenever and as often as you choose. If you haven’t redeemed your Rewards Dollars at the end of the calendar year, Walmart will automatically transfer them onto a Walmart Rewards eGift Card and notify you. With Savings Catcher, you can earn a maximum of $599.99 Reward Dollars per calendar year.
Savings Catcher applies to many items sold at Walmart stores. This includes:
- Most groceries such as cereal, rice and most fruits and vegetables.
- Consumable items such as paper towels, bleach and trash bags.
- Health and beauty items such as shampoo and makeup.
- Select general merchandise items.
Savings Catcher does NOT compare the following types of offers:
- Items that require a separate purchase to get the advertised price (example: “Buy oatmeal to get cereal for $1.”)
- Items with no actual price that require a purchase to get a free product (example: “Buy both oatmeal & cereal to get milk for free.”)
- Items that require a purchase to get a gift card (example: “Buy a 12 pack of paper towels to get a $5 gift card.”)
- Buy one get one free (BOGO) deals where no item price is listed (example: Peter Pan Peanut Butter, buy one, get one free. Save up to $2.50.”)
- Going out of business or closeout prices.
- Percentage off (example: “All mascara, 40% off.)
Savings Catcher does NOT currently apply to:
- Store brands, deli, bakery and weighed items like meat.
- General merchandise items, (including, but not limited to, electronics, media and gaming, toys, sporting goods, housewares, small appliances, home décor, bedding, books and magazines, apparel and shoes, jewelry, furniture and seasonal products).
- Non-branded items.
- Tobacco, firearms, gasoline, tires, prescription drugs, optical and photo products and services, or products that require a service agreement such as wireless, automotive or financial products.
If you use a coupon
Savings Catcher will compare the original Walmart price of the item, before the coupon was applied, to other stores’ advertised prices for the same item. For example: You bought cookies at Walmart. The shelf price was $3 and you used a coupon for $0.25, so you paid $2.75. If Savings Catcher finds that a competitor advertised those same cookies for $2.00, Savings Catcher will still credit you $1.00, even though you paid only $2.75 at Walmart.
If you have questions
Please use the “Contact Us” button in the Savings Catcher section on the full site and the “Give Feedback” option in the main menu on the Savings Catcher app.
My thoughts about Savings Catcher:
It is really easy to submit receipts, so if you have one from the last 7 days you might as well submit it and see if you get any bonus savings! I think this program is awesome for those last minute trips to Walmart when you didnt have time to find the price matches on your list. (I think we all have those trips every now and then, right?) It seems like it will make it a lot easier for a lot of people to save. They do all of the work for you!
The down side is that you do not have control over the retailers or offers that they are comparing to your receipt. You can probably do the deal-finding work better for yourself, especially with the help of great resources, like this blog!