9 Cute Thanksgiving Treats and Themed Desserts
Quick and Easy Thanksgiving-themed Desserts
Thanksgiving break can seem pretty long for moms and kids. You’re stuck indoors because it’s cold outside and there usually isn’t even any snow to play with.
With all that extra time, you might as well fill it with some seasonal fun! We’ve put together some creative Thanksgiving-themed desserts that you can make with your kids.
Whatever you decide to do this Thanksgiving season, you will for sure want to try out some of these sweet treats! They would be great for Thanksgiving class parties too!
1. Pilgrim Cupcakes
These Pilgrim Cupcakes have traveled so far, just to get to their next destination – your taste buds! They look sweet with that smiley face and all, but they make a serious Thanksgiving sweet treat! We hope you like this recipe from Tonya Staab!
- Plain vanilla cupcakes in brown cupcake liners
- White icing
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate for melting
- Large Marshmallows
- Chocolate coated cookies
- Wilton Sparkle Gel – white, yellow, and black
- Large round Wilton tip with a piping bag and tape
See more of this Pilgrim Cupcakes Recipe!
2. Mini Choco Pumpkin Cake
This chocolate flavored dessert with a pumpkin kicker from The Chic Site looks amazing! These make for awesome Thanksgiving party treats because you can pump out quite a lot of them relatively quickly. Serve them to your kids and they’ll be all gone before you know it!
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup sour cream
See more of this Mini Choc Pumpkin Cake Recipe!
3. Pumpkin Praline Trifle
Prepare for a triple threat dessert! This is a lovely combination of flavors and textures; from pumpkin pudding to vanilla, and some little morsels of crunchie goodness! This makes for the ultimate dessert! Thanks, Bakers Royale!
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 3 cups cold whole milk
- 3/4 cups pumpkin pie filling
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cups toffee bits
- 1/2 cups granola
See more of this Pumpkin Praline Trifle Recipe!
4. Pumpkin Fudge
Pumpkin Fudge is an amazing sweet treat. It really reminds me of fall. You can eat it right after cooking or try serving it a bit chilled. I bet you’ll have a hard time waiting! Try this version from Recipe Girl.
- 3 cups granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup melted salted butter
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup canned pure (unsweetened) pumpkin
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- One 12-ounce package white chocolate morsels (chips)
- One (7-ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
See more of this Pumpkin Fudge Recipe!
5. Acorn Cookies
Who says acorns are exclusively for chipmunks? Here’s some Acorn Cookies from The Hob-bee Hive, that you will want to eat yourself! They are very easy to make, so if you’re looking for quick Thanksgiving desserts, you could whip them up in literally seconds! These acorns are so cute, I’m not sure I want to eat them!
- Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped
- Round Nutter Butter snack cookies
- Creamy peanut butter
- Melted chocolate
See more of this Acorn Cookies Recipe!
6. Caramel Pretzel Trees
These lovely colored chocolate trees definitely bring out fall memories. They are pretty easy to make, and designing trees has never been so much fun. Add fruit slices if you’d like, or a cherry topper – it’s perfect! Thanks, 1 Fine Cookie!
- Pretzel Crisps
- Caramel chews or frosting
- Leaf sprinkle quins
See more of this Caramel Pretzel Trees Recipe!
7. Pumpkin Pudding
Brace yourselves for a one-of-a-kind pudding experience. It takes pumpkin taste to the next level! I can’t wait to make this Pumpkin Pudding from Martha Stewart. You can use a regular container, but a carved little pumpkin is super cute too. Indulge!
- 6 small pumpkins (about 1/2 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark-brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree, or canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Puff-Pastry Leaves
See more of this Pumpkin Pudding Recipe!
8. Iced Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Now here’s the real deal in Thanksgiving dessert – Iced Pumpkin Coffee Cake. It’s a yummy and easy pumpkin-spiced cake that just melts in your mouth. This recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction is a winner.
- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup (244 grams) pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (82 grams) pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1 cup (120 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
See more of this Iced Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe!
9. Oreo Turkeys
So, how did a turkey end up between two Oreo cookies? Who knows! But I do know that this adorable little turkey from Our Best Bites makes a fun, sweet treat for parties, or just to enjoy at home. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Double Stuff Oreo Cookies
- Candy Corn
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Chocolate frosting
- Yellow Frosting
- Red frosting (optional)
- Black sprinkles for eyes (optional)
See more of this Oreo Turkeys Recipe!
Which Thanksgiving Treats Are Your Favorite?
Now that you have several different Thanksgiving-themed desserts to choose from, which ones are you planning to make this season? No matter which of these easy Thanksgiving desserts you choose, you’re bound to have an amazing dinner!
More Thanksgiving Recipes:
- 37 Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Easy Special Potatoes Recipe (Funeral Potatoes)
- How to Smoke a Turkey
- Easy Brown Sugar and Honey Glazed Ham Recipe