Cheddar Ranch Burgers Recipe
Freezable Cheddar Ranch Burgers Recipe
Burgers are one of my favorite types of food. They’re great for all sorts of different situations like family gatherings, BBQs, picnics, and just regular everyday dinners. Plus, they’re really customizable. Everyone has their own way to personalize a burger.
If you’ve been looking to try a new burger recipe that’s a bit unique, I highly recommend this cheddar ranch burgers recipe. It’s easy and quick to make, it’s juicy, and it will definitely be a people pleaser.
These ranch burgers have only 3 ingredients…seriously! All you need to make these patties is some ground beef, cheddar cheese, and ranch dressing mix. That ranch dressing mix adds a super nice, subtle flavor!
Add some bacon bits or top with an additional slice of cheddar the last minute of cooking for a seriously YUMMY burger!
One of the things I love so much about these ranch burgers is that I can easily freeze them. I typically just double the recipe and freeze half so that I have some leftovers for another night.
All you have to do to freeze these patties is put them in a Ziploc bag with parchment paper in between each patty. When you’re ready to cook them (they’ll last for up to 3 months), just follow the directions below.
Kitchen Tool Tip
In the past, I’ve always shaped my burgers by hand. It’s not necessarily a hard job, but I always ended up with patties that were a bit distorted, different thicknesses, and different sizes.
It’s not a huge deal having imperfect patties, but it can become a problem if you want all your patties to cook evenly and such. To solve this problem, I highly recommend this simple little tool that will give you perfect patties every time:
If you’ve never had a homemade patty with cheese in it before, you need to try this recipe. Even if you have had something like that before, you’ve never had anything like these ranch burgers.
More Burger Recipes:
- Best Juicy Burger Recipe Ever
- Best Cheeseburger Stuffed Shells Recipe (Freezable)
- 15 of the Best Air Fryer Hamburger Recipes
Would you like to see more of our recipes? Subscribe to our weekly recipe email.
Cheddar Ranch Burgers Recipe
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup shredded or cubed cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons Ranch Dressing Mix
- Combine beef, ranch dressing mix and shredded cheddar cheese. Gently shape 6 patties of equal size and thickness.
- Grill patties over direct high heat with the lid closed as much as possible, until cooked – 8-10 minutes, turning once. Or cook in fry pan on stove top over med- high heat until done. If desired, during the last minute of grilling, place a slice of cheese on each patty to melt. Serve warm on hamburger buns with tomatoes, lettuce and ranch dressing.
- Place a small square of wax or parchment paper between each patty and place in gallon size freezer bag. Freeze up to 3 months. Patties can be cooked from frozen, following the same cooking instructions above.
Comments & Reviews
Somewhere I saw that you also added onions and bacon to this recipe. Did you precook the onions and bacon before adding them to the raw meat?
I didn’t add onions and bacon to this particular recipe although I’m sure they would taste delicious. I personally would cook the bacon first.