Shepherd’s Pie in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Mini Shepherd’s Pie
If you have Thanksgiving or Christmas leftovers, or if you want to enjoy and quick, easy, and personalized air fryer dinner, then you have got to try this simple mini shepherd’s pie recipe that is perfect for the air fryer.
What You Need to Make Mini Shepherd’s Pie
This recipe is perfect if you have leftovers. Or you can throw it together with some simple ingredients from your freezer or pantry. To make a tasty shepherd’s pie, you will need:
- 2, 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper plus extra for sprinkling
- 12-ounce jar chicken gravy
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Of course, you can use turkey, ham, or any other meat of your choice instead of chicken.
How to Prepare the Chicken
First you will want to cook your chicken. You can do this in the air fryer or any other way you prefer to cook chicken, like in the instant pot. You can cook the chicken in chunks or make shredded chicken.
If you want to cook the chicken in the air fryer, then check out this recipe for making the perfect air fryer chicken
If you want to cook chicken in the instant pot, then read this recipe.
How to Prepare the Vegetables
While the chicken is cooking, prepare the vegetables. You can use leftovers or a frozen vegetable mix. In a skillet on medium hit, combine the gravy, vegetables, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Cook on the skillet for 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through.
How to Make Mini Shepherd’s Pies
Once the chicken and vegetables are ready, combine the two together. Spoon this mixture evenly into 4 ramekins. I recommend using 8 ounce ramekins. Top each of the ramekins with 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes and drizzle melted butter on top.
Cooking Mini Shepherd’s in the Air Fryer
Place each of the ramekins in the air fryer basket and cook for 6 to 7 minutes at 400°F/200°C, or until the pies are heated through and the tops are golden.
These shepherd’s pies are so simple and easy in the air fryer. Especially, if you already have leftovers that you want to use up or if you are looking for a quick and easy dinner on a busy weeknight. When will you be making these adorable pies this week?
More quick and easy dinners that you will love:
- Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp
- Air Fryer Rosemary Ranch Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Make Perfect Chicken Street Tacos! (Easy Dinner Idea + VIDEO)
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
Air fryer tips and tricks:
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
Shepherd's Pie in the Air Fryer
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ teaspoon salt plus extra for sprinkling
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper plus extra for sprinkling
- 12 ounce jar chicken gravy
- 1 ½ cups frozen mixed vegetables thawed
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Coat air fryer basket with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, place in basket, and air fry 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and continue to cook 5 to 6 more minutes or until no pink remains in center. Remove to a cutting board, let cool slightly, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, combine gravy, vegetables, onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through. When chicken is ready, stir that in and spoon mixture evenly into 4 (1-cup) ramekins.
- Top each ramekin with 1/2 cup mashed potatoes and drizzle melted butter on top.