Garage Sale Shopping Tips…
13 Tips for Successful Garage SALE Shopping!
You may enjoy the post on HOSTING a Garage Sale.
Garage sale shopping can be a fabulessly frugal way to save money! It is amazing the treasures that you can find shopping at garage sales. With the recent major changes in my family (job loss, new baby) I’m REALLY tightening my belt! Would you believe that after 4 boys, I can’t find any shorts that my 1 year old can fit into!? What’s up with that? I also just found out we’re expecting a girl. This will be our first in 8 years. You can bet that I’ll be wanting a few new (to me) things for the little miss (not to mention a second crib – eek!)
So it’s time to hit the garage sales.
TIME – something I don’t have a lot of right now. I need to make the most of my morning. Here are some tips to POWER SHOP GARAGE SALE STYLE!!
- Make a list. This will help you stay FOCUSED. You need shirts for your 2 year old? Put it down! Looking for a black bookcase? Add it!
- Map it out. I like to look on craigslist for garage sales. I think a lot of people are turning to this for their advertising, because it is FREE! You can also check out your local paper (heavens knows you’ve got those coming out your ears!). And a few new tools I’ve come across: Yard Sale Treasure Map and Garage Sales Tracker.
- Leave the kidlets at home. (sounds a lot like couponing so far!) I mean, you really want to drag them in and out of the car? You know they’ll find 127 things that they will want, and YOU won’t!
- Carry a lot of change. Doesn’t giving exact change sound better than waiting for the seller to find cash back for you? Plus I think you are more likely to get the price you want if you can hand it to them right away. I always have coins too for little random clothing items or books. Carry them around in a cute Change Purse like these some under $2 shipped!
- Fanny Pack? Eek! It doesn’t have to sound so bad, I wear one of these Hips Sister Hip Packs when I work out. They have pockets just like a Fanny Pack but they stretch and fit snug so no one even knows you are wearing it (I usually put my phone in it). They sure are handy if you’re going to be jumping in and out of the car! Who wants to mess with a purse?
- Take along some snacks and water. Remember you’ll be out for a bit – you don’t want to waste your precious quarters on fast food do you? We’re trying to stretch our dollar here!
- Just ASK! Sometimes the seller may have what you’re looking for and they have it tucked away, forgot to set it out, or you just overlooked it!
- Negotiating IS an option! You’ve got nothing to lose. If the seller won’t budge, you’re still getting a great deal! ALSO – if you’ve picked up a bunch of items and it’s come to $6.75 for example, don’t be afraid to ask if the seller will take an even $6 for them. Again, you’ve got nothing to lose.
- Be Kind. Seriously… do I have to elaborate?
- Stick with the plan. You’re not saving money if you’ve spent your whole wad on things that you really don’t need! Don’t get it just to get it. Ya know?!
- For those garage sales that have GREAT STUFF but seemed a bit over priced, make a note of it and head back later in the day. Often times you’ll find sellers are slashing their prices in order to part with their goods!
- Have FUN – relax and take your time. When you finally find just what you’re looking for, it makes it all worth it!
- Find a subdivision sale. You can cover a lot more ground if you hit an entire neighborhood that is having a sale.
Keep your essentials safely by your side with fashion and flare. Bring your hipS-sister with you wherever you go. The grocery store, theatre, shopping mall, fishing, hiking, biking, rollerblading, walking, jogging, paddle boarding, amusement park, gym, outdoor events, concerts and let’s not forget vacation. Feel confident that your iPod, phone, money, credit cards, ID, lip-gloss, etc… are where they should be: around your waist. Enjoy hands-on living in comfort and style.
- 100% Brand New and High Quality
- Material: Cotton Blend
- Fashion bright design with Buckle closure, cute mini bags.
- Collect coins/keys/earrings/rings or other small Accessories.
- Also perfect for girls to collect pocket money
Trending Blog Posts
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again