DIY All Natural After Sun Spray and Lotion
How to Make a Natural After Sun Spray
Summer is here! And all that sunshine usually calls for SUNBURNS! We’ve all had them and know just how uncomfortable they can be!
Regular Aloe Vera Gel has all kinds of extra ingredients, alcohol, water, glycerin, 4 more ingredients I’ve never heard of and THEN aloe leaf… plus a bunch more chemicals and colors after that! There is no need to irritate your skin even more by applying chemicals to your skin that will absorb right into your bloodstream!
With just a few all-natural ingredients you can skip the chemicals and get relief with either a soothing spray or salve (or both).
DIY Sunburn Relief Spray Ingredients
- 1/2 cup organic aloe vera juice
- 2 tablespoons fractionated coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil (This is really inexpensive at Walmart!)
- 4 drops Melaleuca essential oil
- 4 drops lavender essential oil
- 4 drops Roman chamomile essential oil
- Glass spray bottle (8 oz or larger)
Mix it all together in the glass spray bottle. Gently shake before applying.
EXTRA TIP: Eating a whole foods diet with lots of leafy greens, healthy saturated fats, and lots of foods rich in omega-3s (fish, etc) and you’ll give your body an extra boost of natural sunblock too!
How to Make Natural After Sun Lotion
I like to use the spray and salve together (apply the spray for immediate relief and then the salve to keep the relief around), but they support relief!
After Sun Salve Ingredients
- 1/2 tablespoon grated beeswax
- 1 tablespoon Shea Butter
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil (not fractionated – you want the solid stuff!)
- 4 tablespoons 100% Aloe Vera Gel
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 10 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 5 drops Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
- 1 Jelly Jar, 4 oz
There are several different types of beeswax, but they are pretty similar. White beeswax is more processed than yellow, and you can get both in either pastilles or bars but either works great!
If you get bars, you’ll need to shave off the desired amount of beeswax. I personally prefer organic (the price difference is minimal, so why not!).
And for this, I picked white, because I’m also going to be making lip balm with my leftovers! I figure as long as I’m doing this, I might as well do it right. 😀
Start by adding beeswax, shea butter, and coconut oil to a glass container. (I used a Pyrex measuring cup because it’s super convenient!)
Heat until everything is melted (it took me about 8 minutes on medium heat). I used a chopstick as my stir stick, but a wooden Popsicle stick would work just as well!
Remove from heat, wait 3 minutes, and add 4 TBSP Aloe Vera Gel. If you add essential oils to hot liquid, they lose their effectiveness, so after adding the Aloe Vera, you should be able to comfortably touch the mixture.
Add 10 drops of Lavender and Peppermint essential oils, and 5 drops Roman Chamomile essential oil.
Stir the entire mixture until it forms a semi-solid salve.
Add it to the 4 oz Jelly Jar, and let sit for 2-3 hours. It won’t ever be totally solid, but it makes a nice, creamy lotion!
About Essential Oils
We love essential oils! But we are very careful about WHICH BRAND of essential oils we use! Learn WHY we love them here. And if you’re ready to get products in your home that will help you start living a toxin free life, then I suggest you grab one of our starter kits!
How to Purchase doTERRA Essential Oils
- Get your own wholesale account FREE with any Reduced Price Starer Kit OR choose to pay the $35 membership fee (like Sam’s Club or Costco) and pick out the products you want.
- You can set up the OPTIONAL “Loyalty Rewards Program” (think “Amazon subscribe and save”, except you earn 10-30% back in account credit to redeem for FREE products!
- You’ll receive your order in a week or less!
- When you receive your order, one of my team members will guide and support you as you learn to use these products.
- You’ll be added to my FREE educational secret Facebook group that is chock full of member questions and answers AND I’ll send you this goody bag full of free samples!
It’s the biggest bang for your buck! Each bottle contains 250 drops, and you’ll get TEN different essential oils plus a beautiful diffuser! You’ll also get a goody bag from me, and a free ebook that tells you a ton of different ways to use your oils, and I’ll hop on video chat with you to help you get started once you’ve received your oils!
The Small Bottle Kit
It includes all the oils in the big bottle kit, in smaller bottles (80 drops per bottle). You don’t get as much bang for your buck, but if it’s more in your price range, it’s a great way to get started! You’ll also receive the goody bag, ebook, and a video call with me!
PLUS the ongoing support and education you’ll receive is unlike anything you’ll get if you just purchase oils on amazon. Let me help you change your life by using these amazing oils!
This also means you’ll have a wholesale account (think Costco Membership), which means you can purchase doTERRA essential oils at a 25% discount. PLUS you’ll earn anywhere from 10%-30% of your purchase back in free product! AND your shipping costs are refunded to you via free product points as well!
Other DIY Remedies you may love:
- DIY Sea Salt Beach Waves Texture Spray
- Best All Natural Honey and Egg Hair Mask DIY
- Homemade Face Peel Mask for Dry Skin and Acne
- How to Make DIY Body Wash from Bar Soap
- The Best Epsom Salt Detox Bath Recipe
Trending DIY Projects