6 of the Best Natural Conditioners For Healthy and Strong Hair
Homemade Hair Conditioner Recipes
Using a homemade hair conditioner recipe might seem not worth it at first, but there are actually some very nice benefits:
- No more harsh chemicals. These homemade conditioners are all natural
- These homemade hair conditioners are super easy to make; and
- They save you money!
Also, they work really well. These conditioners will leave your hair feeling silky smooth and shinier than ever!
1. DIY Coconut Oil Conditioner
This is the perfect homemade hair conditioner for dry hair because it’s super moisturizing! The lavender oil gives it a nice, calming scent as well, and the other ingredients help keep your hair healthy and strong.
- 14 oz jar organic coconut oil
- 2 tsp Jojoba oil
- 2 tsp Vitamin E oil
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
2. Homemade Conditioner with Apple Cider
This homemade hair conditioner recipe is the easiest and least expensive one of this list. It only has two ingredients, and one of them is free! And don’t worry, your hair wont smell like vinegar.
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
3. Basic Natural Hair Conditioner Recipe
This natural hair conditioner recipe is so awesome. The directions show you what ingredients will work best with your hair type, meaning you’ll get the perfect homemade and natural hair conditioner without all the nasty chemicals.
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Carrier Oil for your hair type (see directions below)
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Vegetable Glycerin
- 1 tablespoon (8g) Emulsifying Wax
- 1/2 tsp (1.5ml) Vitamin E (or 2 capsules)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) distilled Water or Herbal Infusion
- 5 drops Grapefruit Seed extract
- Essential Oil Blend for your hair type (see directions)
4. Avocado Deep Conditioner
You probably don’t see an avocado and think “I need that in my hair” but it’s actually really good for moisturizing your hair and scalp. The other ingredients in this natural hair conditioner recipe add to that moisturizing power to create a super revitalizing conditioner.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2-3 drops lavender essential oil (optional)
5. DIY Shea Butter Hair Conditioner
This natural hair conditioner will strengthen your hair and make it silky smooth. Shea butter is all about adding moisturizer to your hair and treating any dryness on your scalp.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon argan oil
- 4 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops cedarwood essential oil
6. DIY Coconut Milk Leave-in Conditioner
This DIY coconut milk leave in-conditioner will keep your hair tangle-free all day long. We love how easy this masterpiece is to whip and that is 100% natural and homemade.
- ¼ cup distilled water (or tap water that has been boiled for 5 minutes and allowed to cool)
- 1 tbsp full fat coconut milk (or 2 tbsp homemade coconut milk, although canned tends to work better)
- 2 – 10 drops essential oil (optional)
Each of the recipes on this list is geared towards certain types of hair, so you’ll want to choose carefully! Or if you like to experiment, you could try them all out. It’s really up to you. Let us know what worked for you or if you have your own homemade conditioners that you love to use.
Check out these other natural and homemade self-care ideas:
Trending DIY Projects
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again