25 New Uses For Dryer Sheets
I love it when you can use common household items for more than one use! These days so many things are expensive and if you can find more than one way to use it, it makes each product worth the money! Dryer sheets aren’t just for laundry anymore you can use them for cleaning, removing static, freshening the air, shoes, drawers, books, shining the shower, window and chrome and so much more! Dryer sheets are relatively cheap so you can save money by using these for common household duties instead of buying 4-5 different products!
25 NEW Ways to Use Dryer Sheets:
1. Freshen shoes: Get rid of nasty shoe odor by placing a dryer sheet in the sole and let it sit overnight. This is super easy and I LOVE to do it for my athlete children! Their sports shoes can smell horrible and this helps so much.
2. Deep clean toilets: The softener in the dryer sheet helps soften stubborn bathroom rings. Plus the sheet helps to gently scratch off the rest of the ring. And after you are done, you just throw it away!
3. Repel bugs: Place dryer sheets in the corners of rooms, on rafters, or anywhere you tend to see spider webs. Also, you can tuck some in your picnic basket or under lawn furniture to repel bees from your juicy flesh and encourage them back to the flowers, where they belong. Rub a sheet directly on your bare skin to discourage would- be bugs (ie mosquitos) from leaving their mark with the insect-repelling properties that are in the sheets.
4. Duster: Use a dryer sheet to grab dust from electronics, ceiling fans, or window blinds. It is disposable, will leave your products smelling great, and the sheets are soft enough that they will not scratch your screens.
5. Iron cleaner: Set the iron on low and “iron” the dryer sheet until the bottom of your iron is clean.
6. Thread saver: Run a needle and thread through a dryer sheet to avoid tangles in the thread while you’re sewing.
7. Scrub dirty pots: This is one of my favorite tricks to clean stubborn messes off dirty pots and pans. Just place a dryer sheet on the bottom of the pan and let it soak in water overnight when you go to clean it the next morning it will be easier to clean.
8. Get rid of soap scum: Dryer sheets help you get rid of soap scum on your shower door. Just run one over your the door. Sprinkle a few drops of water onto a used fabric-softener sheet and scrub.
9. Freshen up gym bags: All you have to do is place a dryer sheet in your gym bag to absorb odors and keep your workout gear smelling fresh. Sneak one into your kids gym back! Trust me, it will keep their car, your house, and all around smelling better.
10. Eliminate static: Just rub a dryer sheet over hair or clothing to get rid of pesky static. This is my favorite! It works ever time.
11. Freshen the air: Place (or tape) a dryer sheet on your HVAC vents to scent the air circulating through your home. This one has made a HUGE difference in my home. I highly recommend it. Make sure you buy scented dryer sheets though!
12. All-purpose deodorizer: Ditch the store bought air fresheners, keep your home smelling nice by stashing dryer sheets anywhere you want odors absorbed. The kitchen and bathroom are GREAT places to hide them. I love to put them inside of my cupboards or pantry!
13. Clean glass: Get smudges and dust off windows or eyeglasses by rubbing dryer sheets over them (in the case of glasses, just make sure they’re not plastic).
14. Remove pet hair: Wipe a dryer sheets over rugs, furniture, clothing, or anywhere pet hair accumulates the hair is drawn to the sheet and is easily removed.
15. Scrub the bugs from your car: Summer drives often equal insect guts all over your car and windshield. Just wet your car down, and use a dryer sheet to scrub away the yuckiness. You’ll be amazed how easy they come off.
16. Rodent repellent: Use dryer sheets to keep out mice, skunks, squirrels, rats, etc from your basement, garages, boats, campers, and clubhouses. Just hide them around windows, vents or anyplace you notice rodents and they will stay away.
17. As a craft supply: Dryer sheets can to add texture to cards, scrapbooks, etc. Plus they are great for reinforcement in appliqué and quilting work.
18. Clean chrome: Help remove water spots from chrome faucets by rubbing them with a dryer sheet. Sometimes these water stains are so pesky to remove and dryer sheets really help!
19. Keep garbage cans fresh: Line the bottom of your garbage cans with recycled dryer sheets, they’ll help absorb leaks and odors when you switch bags.
20. For diaper bags: Keep those diaper odors at bay, put your used dryer sheets in your diaper bag, and roll one up in the diaper to prevent odors before you have to chance to throw it away.
21. Paint brush cleaner: Soak used paintbrushes in warm water with a dryer sheet, and hard to clean latex paint will come off in less than a minute.
22. Bathroom freshener: Roll up a dryer sheet in your toilet paper roll. When the roll spins it releases a little freshness into your bathroom. No need to have air fresheners or sprays, this cheap fix will keep your bathroom smelling fresh.
23. Make dryer sheets last longer: Cut individual sheets in half and using each one twice, essentially quadrupling your savings.
24. Use as a drawer sachet: Slip a few fresh ones between folded clothes for that just cleaned smell.
25. Remove old book smell: Prevent books from smelling musty, just place a dryer sheet in between the pages and it will.
These fixes are simple and easy! I love using them for everything because they are so CHEAP! You can find them on Amazon or just wait till they have an awesome deal. Try these awesome tricks out and let us know what you think!
Comment below and let us know which idea you CAN’T wait to try!
Trending Blog Posts
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again