Eggnog Pancakes Recipe
Fluffy and Delicious Eggnog Pancakes!
Love eggnog? You will love these eggnog pancakes! Don’t love eggnog? You will still love these pancakes! The eggnog flavor in the pancakes is subtle, but adds a nice richness and warmth to the pancake flavor. If you like thick, fluffy pancakes that taste like cake, without being too sweet, you need to try this eggnog pancake recipe!
Eggnog pancakes are a great option for Christmas breakfast! They are easy and fast to make, everyone will love them, plus eggnog is super festive. 😉
Special Ingredient in Eggnog Pancakes
A small amount of nutmeg really helps bring out a little more of that warm flavor from the eggnog. Not too much, just a nice touch. I’m not a huge fan of nutmeg, but it really works in this eggnog pancake recipe.
How to Know When Pancake Batter is Ready
The batter ends up being really thick once you mix the eggnog mixture and flour mixture together, but you should still be able to pour it. And the batter will still spread some when you pour it onto the griddle. (Best whisk ever.)
If your batter is too thick, add a little more eggnog to thin it out. One and a half cups of thick eggnog is the perfect amount in this recipe for me, but thickness of eggnog beverages may vary. 😉
What do you like to put on your pancakes? These eggnog pancakes are delicious with a variety of topping options, including maple syrup, caramel syrup, whipped cream, strawberries, etc. Oh man, this cinnamon syrup would probably be yummy on there! Actually, one of my kids likes to eat these pancakes plain because they are so delicious to him as is.
Give this eggnog pancake recipe a try! Quick and easy! The pancakes are fluffy, soft, and a little bit sweet with a touch of eggnog flavor. Almost like cake. Yum.
Would you like to see more of our favorite recipes?
Subscribe to our weekly recipe email.
Eggnog Pancakes Recipe
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups eggnog
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat, about 350°F/175°C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, then whisk in the eggnog, vanilla, and melted butter. Whisk the eggnog mixture into the flour mixture, until combined. The batter will be thick, but should still be pour-able.
- Lightly grease the griddle or skillet, with butter or cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake onto the skillet or griddle. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until edges look set and that side is golden brown. Flip and let cook another 1-2 minutes, until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes warm with your favorite pancake toppings.
Recipe Adapted From: Creme de la Crumb
Comments & Reviews
I made waffle instead of pancakes , did not add sugar as my eggnog was very sweet and a bit more nutmeg.
They look wonderful and taste great . Thanks for the recipe.
I also do a lot of your airfryer recipes, love them .
I like the way you think! Thanks for the rating and the yummy modification.