Easy Cheeseburger Sliders
My kids always rave over anything I turn into a slider, so they were so excited when they had this simple cheeseburger recipe. Plus, I mean who doesn’t love Hawaiian rolls?
I swear Hawaiian rolls make everything even better. They also make it so simple to throw this meal together and have an amazing flavor that they add to this easy dinner recipe.
You can check out my YouTube channel for 8 more simple, yet delicious dinner recipes that you can make in the air fryer.
Ingredients and Supplies You’ll Need to Make Easy Cheeseburger Sliders:
- Lean ground beef
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- White onion, diced
- Sweet rolls (Hawaiian rolls)
- Slices of cheese (of your choosing)
- Butter, melted
- Packed brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Dijon mustard
- Sesame seeds
- Large mixing bowl
- Aluminum foil
- Air fryer (like the Cosori Pro II)
- Serrated knife
- Pastry brush (for the butter or glaze)
What Else Can I Use Instead of Ground Beef?
For this recipe, we use lean ground beef when making the hamburger patty. But, that doesn’t mean you can’t use something else!
Here are some more options:
- Ground Turkey
- Ground Bison
- Ground Chicken
Do I Need to Use Sweet Rolls?
Normally when making a slider recipe my mind always draws to those delicious Hawaiian rolls.
However, if you are not a fan of Hawaiian rolls, you can use any other small dinner rolls you like! I would suggest using ones that are already made if you want to use this recipe as written.
Make It Into Just a Hamburger Slider
Not a fan of cheeseburgers? That is okay! Just follow the steps as written and just leave the cheese off or anything else you don’t like.
How to Make Easy Cheeseburger Sliders:
Step 1: Make the Meat Patty
When you are ready to begin, start by putting the ground beef, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper into a large mixing bowl.
Combine it all together until the seasonings are well mixed in and throughout the meat.
Step 2: Put the Hamburger Patty in the Air Fryer
When the meat is mixed, for the larger patty and place it into the bottom of the air fryer.
Either line the bottom of the air fryer with parchment paper or a foil sling to make the beef patty a little easier to remove the air fryer. However, this may keep the fat from draining and pooling near the patty.
Step 3: Cook the Hamburger
Once you have the hamburger situated in the air fryer, turn it on for 7-15 minutes at 380 degrees F or 193 degrees C.
The total cook time will depend on the thickness of your burger patty.
Halfway through the cooking time, add the diced onions over top, return the air fryer basket to the air fryer, and continue cooking until the burger is done.
Generally, most hamburger patties ideally reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F or 71 degrees C. But, it will also depend on how you like your burgers.
Step 4: Clean the Air Fryer
Once the burger patty is done, remove the patty and place it on a plate.
Drain any excess grease from inside the air fryer and wipe it down as best you can to get rid of any of the greases. But be careful as the air fryer basket will still be hot.
Step 5: Place Rolls in the Air Fryer
After the air fryer has been cleaned and cooled down a bit, slice the rolls in half lengthwise and place the bottom into the air fryer, fit as many as you can, but for my 5.8 Cosori, I can typically fit 12 rolls.
And then place the large hamburger patty on the top of the rolls, layer on the cheese, and then place the tops to the rolls over the top of the cheese.
Step 6: Season the Tops of the Rolls
When you have the rolls situated in the air fryer, either brush the tops with melted butter or make up the glaze by putting all of the glaze ingredients in a bowl and using a pastry brush to spread it on the tops of the rolls, then sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
Step 7: Toast the Rolls
Now, turn the air fryer on again for another 2-3 minutes at 330 degrees F or 165 degrees C or until the cheese is melted and the tops of the rolls are a nice golden brown.
Then serve and enjoy your delicious sliders.
Dinner – in the Air Fryer
One of the many things I love about the air fryer is that I can make every meal, breakfast, lunch, and dinner in it. And, it’ll taste amazing!
Favorite Air Fryer Dinner Recipes:
- Chicken, Cabbage, and Apples Sheet Pan Dinner
- Simple Jamaican Jerk Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner in the Air Fryer
- Simple Cowboy Casserole Dinner in the Air Fryer
- 4 Ingredient Crescent Roll Meatball Dinner Recipe in the Air Fryer
Cheeseburgers and hamburgers are always something I can count on my kids to love. Make them fun size and put them on a Hawaiian roll and these cheeseburger sliders are like gold!
No need to make individual patties to try and fit on the rolls either which makes this recipe so simple! Have you tried making hamburger sliders in the air fryer?
Give Your Oven a Break – Make Dinner in the Air Fryer:
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Easy Cheeseburger Sliders
- Large mixing bowl
- Aluminum foil or parchment paper
- Serrated knife
- Pastry brush
- 2 lb Lean ground beef
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 White onion Diced
- 9-12 Sweet rolls Mini
- ¼ cup Butter Melted
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tbps Brown sugar Packed
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tbsp Sesame seeds
- Combine the beef and spices in a bowl. (see note)
- Press the beef into the bottom air fryer basket. Air fry for 7-15 minutes at 380 °F. Halfway through cooking, add the diced white onions.(Tip: To help make removing the patty from the air fryer easier, you can cook it on tin foil by making a tin foil sling. This will mean that the excess grease won't drain as easily, but it will be easier to remove).(Note: The total amount of cooking time will depend on how thick your patties are, and the model of your air fryer. Start with 7 minutes then add more time as needed. Keep cooking until the patty contains no traces of pink. Hamburger patties are typically done cooking once they reach an internal temperature of 160 °F).
- Once the patty is done. Carefully remove it from the air fryer basket. Drain any excess grease. Wipe down the air fryer basket and remove any extra grease from the bottom of the basket.
- Slice the rolls in half lengthwise. Place the bottom half in the air fryer basket. I'm able to fit 6 rolls in my 5.8qt Cosori. If your air fryer basket is smaller than my 5.8qt Cosori air fryer, then break apart the rolls until they fit in your air fryer basket.
- Place the large hamburger patty on top of the rolls. Top with the cheese slices. Top with the top half of the rolls.
- Optional: In a small bowl combine the melted butter and all other ingredients for the butter topping. Then, brush the tops of the rolls liberally with melted butter (or pour it over) mixture and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
- Air fry for 2-3 minutes at 330 °F, or until cheese is melted and tops are browned to your liking.
- Remove from the air fryer basket and enjoy!
Recipe Adapted From: The Cookie Rookie
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!
Follow Fabulessly Frugal on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube
Easy Air Fryer Lemon Donuts3 Comments