Curly Dogs Recipe
Fun and easy hot dog recipe!
This recipe is a simple way to change up the usual way of cooking and serving a hot dog. Whip up some curly dogs as an easy dinner that the kids can help with or bring them along to cook over the campfire. Definitely family and kid friendly!
It only takes an hour or so for the roll dough to thaw enough to roll it out. If you are taking it camping, you could just try keeping the frozen dough balls cold in a cooler and they should be thawed enough by dinner time. You could probably even wrap the hot dog in the dough beforehand as long as you can keep them nice and cold until you cook them.
Put some frozen dinner roll dough and some hot dogs in a resealable bag, stick it in the freezer and you have an easy freezer meal too!
Kids would probably love to help with rolling the dough into “snakes!” You want the piece of dough to be rolled out to about 14 inches long so it can wrap around the hot dog 4 or 5 times. Then just pinch the dough together at the ends to keep it all in place.
You can either bake the curly dogs in the oven or over the hot coals of a campfire. Either way it will take about 15-20 minutes, until the roll dough is a nice golden brown. They taste good enough that you may not even need condiments! But feel free to serve them with your favorite fixings.
This recipe is from the Rhodes website.
(4.6 out of 5 stars, with over 35 customer reviews)
More Hot Dog Recipes:
Curly Dogs Recipe
- 8 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 8 hot dogs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll each dinner roll into a 14 to 15-inch rope.
- Twist each rope around each hot dog 4 or 5 times, pinching the dough together at the ends to secure.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake immediately for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with desired condiments.
- Place each Twirly Dog on a roasting stick.
- Cook over campfire or coals, turning often, about 20 minutes or until dough is cooked and browned.