Broncos Chicken-Bacon Bites
Super Bowl Recipe They’ll Love
You got it, we’ll all be decked out in blue and orange around here on Super Bowl Sunday. Given a chance we always cheer for the Broncos, Boise State that is. But for this one, we’ll yell for Denver and here’s a superfood designed just for their day. Broncos Chicken-Bacon Bites are covered in a sticky Asian sauce that is not too sweet and has a bit of a KICK. You may get your family’s MVP award just for serving them at your party!
Preheat oven to 350˚ degrees.
Put together the ingredients for the sauce; soy sauce, red wine, sugar, and ground ginger in a non-stick pan. Let it simmer over medium-low heat while to put the Broncos Chicken Bacon Bites together. You want it to cook down into a thick, syrupy, sauce, and the alcohol will cook out too.
To fix the chicken bacon bites, cut chicken breast into approximately 1-inch squares. Cut bacon slices in half and wrap them around chicken chunks. Secure bacon with a wooden toothpick and place toothpick or seam-side up on a baking sheet. Place in 350˚ degree oven and bake for 45 minutes.
Remove from oven and clean off the baking sheet. I use paper towels and throw all the bacon fat in the trash can. Remove the toothpicks from the Chicken Bacon Bites, and lay them seam side down on your baking sheet.
Now generously brush bites with the sauce, using it all. Pop them back into the 350˚degree oven for another 15 minutes. Remove again, brush again, and place in oven for one last time, for 10 to 15 minutes. Broncos Chicken Bacon Bites should be well glazed and sticky.
You can sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped green onions if you’d like. And now for that MVP AWARD…
Here is a great Amazon deal on some awesome Silicone Baking Mats!
Broncos Chicken-Bacon Bites
- 4 large chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 2 pounds bacon, cut in half
- toothpicks, (wooden)
- For Sauce
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine, (the alcohol cooks out, but you may wish to use apple juice or broth)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Put a rack in middle of the oven and preheat oven to 350˚ degrees.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small sauce-pan and heat over moderately low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Let it cook over low-medium heat, a low simmer while you fix the chicken-bacon bites.
- You want it to cook down to a thick, syrupy, sauce.
- Cut chicken breast into approximately 1-inch cubes.
- Cut bacon slices in half. Wrap bacon slices around evenly over chicken bites.
- Secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Bake at 350˚ degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Drain and clean liquid, (bacon fat) off baking sheet.
- Remove toothpicks and lay bites seam side down.
- Brush generously with all of remaining sauce.
- Bake 15 minutes and then baste again with sauce from baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 more minutes, until sauce is thick and sticky.
- Transfer chicken-bacon bites to a platter and serve with clean toothpicks.