5 Beautiful Tutu Dress DIY Ideas for your Little Girls!
How to Make a Tutu Dress in 5 Different Ways
Whether you just want to play dress-up with your little girl or you’re looking for a tutu dress DIY for some other reason, these tutu dress tutorials will definitely come in handy! All of these ideas are absolutely beautiful and unique, as well as customizable. Get ready to get creative!
1. How to Make a No-Sew Tutu
We’re starting off this list of DIY tutus with an easy no-sew tutu tutorial. Anyone can make this and the end result is really nice!
- 1.5″ Crochet Headband
2. Fairy Tutu Dress Tutorial
This tutu dress tutorial is so unique! It’s a bit differently shaped than a regular tutu and it really looks like it came straight out of a Disney movie! Perfect for dress-up, a Halloween costume, or just for whenever your little one wants to feel like a fairy!
- 7/8″ grosgrain ribbon – I used Apple Green
- Tulle – I used both Lime and Mint
- 1.5″ Crochet Headband – I used light yellow
- Tape Measure
3. Peacock Tutu DIY Tutorial
This tutorial will show you how to make a tutu dress for your little girl that is puffy and beautiful! You can make it whatever color you like as well.
- 2-inch crochet headband
- 6-inch strips about 40 yards
- teal, aqua and evening blue dye
- one flower to match the colors in the tutu
- one tank top dyed with a color used in the tutu
- paper towel roll to use as a form.
4. How to Make a Tutu
If you want to go the simple route, this tutorial will show you how to make a little girls tutu that should match exactly what you’re looking for. It doesn’t require many supplies either so it’s quite affordable to make!
- Tulle – One spool each of whatever colors you need. If you are doing one color, do two spools.
- Elastic – 1/2″ or larger. It really doesn’t matter.
- Needle and Thread
- Ribbon (optional)
5. How to Make a Tulle Tutu
Last but not least we have a very beautiful tutu dress DIY. The tutorial will show you step-by-step how to make it and although it’s inexpensive, it will take a bit of time to get it perfect!
- 5 yards lightweight tulle
- 1/2 yard lining fabric
- 1/4 yard thick knit
- 1 yard 3/4″ elastic
Which Tutu Dress DIY Is Your Favorite?
It’s pretty hard to choose just one tutu dress tutorial from this list! They’re all pretty amazing. Let us know which one is your favorite in the comments below! For me, I really like the fairy tutu dress. It’s just so different compared to all of the rest!
More DIY Clothing Ideas:
- 5 Easy DIY Baby Headbands That Are Too Cute
- 5 Cool DIY Backpacks That Are Functional & Frugal
- 11 Easy DIY Bracelets That Can Make You Money
Trending DIY Projects