Insignia Air Fryer Recall Information + How To Use An Air Fryer Safely
The Consumer Products Safety Commission recently reported that Best Buy has RECALLED several Insignia brand air fryers after receiving over 100 reports of the ovens catching fire, burning, or melting.
Do you own an Insignia Air Fryer?
- Here is what to do if you have purchased one of the recalled Insignia air fryer units.
- Here’s the Air Fryer all of us at Fabulessly Frugal LOVE and use (see Cathy using it all the time on her YouTube channel).
- Scroll down for some safety tips for operating your non-recalled air fryer safely.
- Grab Cathy’s Air Fryer Cookbook HERE.
How To Check Your Insignia Air Fryer For Recall Information
- Check your appliance to see if it has model numbers NS-AF32DBK9, NS-AF32MBK9, NS-AF50MBK9, NS-AF53DSS0, NS-AF53MSS0, NS-AF55DBK9, NS-AFO6DBK1 or NS-AFO6DSS1
- If it does have one of these numbers, stop using it immediately.
- Consumers can register online at www.insigniaairfryerrecall.expertinquiry.com or call Best Buy at 800-566-7498 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or go online at http://www.bestbuy.com/productrecalls or www.bestbuy.com and click on Product Recalls for more information.
Are NON RECALLED Air Fryers Safe?
Got another brand? No need to stop using it – ONLY the Insignia models in the post are affected. People often ask the question, “Are air fryers safe?” Absolutely yes! When air fryers are used correctly, they are safe.
Follow these Air Fryer safety tips for great food, made safety.
1. Read The Air Fryer Manual
It’s tempting to want to grab your air fryer out of the box and start cooking right away. However it’s super important to read the instruction manual and the safety information. This is true with any appliance.
2. Unplug Your Air Fryer
When you’re not using your air fryer, make sure to unplug it. Touch screens are so simple to use, so it would be really easy to accidentally hit a button and turn your air fryer on. Experts also recommend that all appliances be unplugged when not in use to prevent fires at the wall outlets.
3. Stick Around While Cooking
When your air fryer is in use, stay near it. Now is not the time to go fold laundry or run the kids to the store. If you happen to have a fire in it, UNPLUG it if you can, and use a kitchen approved fire extinguisher. If the fire has already spread beyond your control, evacuate the house and call 911.
4. Remember It Gets Really Hot
The beauty of air fryers is that you can make yummy fried foods without using grease, AND you can cook food super quickly. To accomplish this, the components of the appliance have to get super hot. Make sure to use good pot holders or oven mitts when pulling out the basket. Don’t forget to put something on your counter or table to keep it from burning also. These heat-safe boards work great!
5. Use Only Approved Air Fryer Accessories
There are lots of fun different ways to use your air fryer, and hundreds of different recipes. Some recipes will require accessories that go with your air fryer to help your food cook. Make sure to use accessories that are approved for air fryer use. Our article The Best Air Fryer Accessories and What To Do With Them is a great resource!
6. Give It Some Space
Set your air fryer in the middle of a counter or table with plenty of space around it. This will keep the air flowing smoothly, and prevent anything from melting around your fryer.
7. Set A Timer
Overcooked food not only tastes bad, but it can be dangerous if it gets too hot and catches on fire. Most air fryers come with timers, but you could also use a kitchen timer, or set an alarm on your watch or phone.
8. Inspect and Clean Your Air Fryer Regularly
Look for signs of damage to the cord in particular. Make sure the drawer and tray are working properly and closing completely. Keep the unit cleaned regularly to prevent the build up of grease, which can be a fire hazard.
Check out these videos Cathy made about Air Fryer Safety and Tips and Tricks:
If you haven’t already, check out Cathy’s new book, Air Fryer Recipes with over 150 air fryer recipes for everything from appetizers to desserts! Happy and SAFE air frying!
Save Money on the ESSENTIALS in THREE Easy Steps!
- Download our FREE app [CLICK HERE!]
- Tap to select the types of deals and brands you want deals on.
- Sit back and relax… we’ll find the deals and send you a notification when the stuff you want costs LESS!
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again