How to Combine Coupons for Bigger Discounts
Do you know how to combine store coupons and manufacturer’s coupons to save even more money at the grocery store? If you don’t, you could be missing out on some great savings!
Many moons ago when we were figuring out how to coupon, we were astounded when we learned this!
The Two Types of Coupons
These types of coupons are created and distributed by the manufacturers of the product. You can tell if a coupon is a manufacturer coupon as it will usually have it written across the top of the coupon.
You can usually find manufacturer coupons in the newspaper, online, and you could even mail your favorite product manufacturers to ask them directly for high-value coupons.
These types of coupons belong to specific stores and they must be redeemed at the store they belong to. You’ll usually find store coupons in flyers, on store websites, and in newsletters.
How to Combine Coupons
Most stores have rules when it comes to combining coupons. Here are the typical rules:
- You can only use one manufacturer coupon per product; and
- You can only use one store coupon per product
So, if we can’t combine manufacturer coupons, and we can’t combine store coupons, what can we do? Well, (I bet you already figured it out) you can combine a manufacturer and a store coupon on one item!
Once you know that, you open up a new world of possible discounts. Here is a scenario to show you how it works:
- You’re buying a pack of Charmin toilet paper
- You have a store coupon that gets you $0.50 off
- You also have a Charmin manufacturer coupon that gets you $1.00 off
- You stack those coupons at the cashier and receive $1.50 off your pack of toilet paper
Why does this work?
Well, it’s similar to using a manufacturer coupon during a store sale, except for that this time the store sale is in the form of a store coupon.
How to Save Even More
If you want to dip into even more savings, you can use an app like iBotta or Checkout51 alongside your coupon combining tactics. Doing this regularly could result in huge savings and lots of cash back! Good luck!
More Couponing Tips
- The Truth About Couponing for Charity
- The Best Places to Find Organic Coupons
- Ultimate Coupon Decoding Cheat Sheet
- Extreme Coupon Education: How to Get a Rain Check
- Shopping at Kohl’s: Tips, Tricks, & Coupon Codes
- How to Get High-Value Coupons (And Save More)
Trending Blog Posts
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again