Crunchy Air Fryer Avocado Fries – Low Carb and Keto
Crunchy and Healthy Air Fryer Keto Avocado Fries
If you are living a keto lifestyle or even if you aren’t, you need to try these fabulous healthy keto air fryer avocado fries!
When I first heard of avocado fries, I was skeptical about how well the avocado would hold it’s shape and whether it would actually be crispy like fries, but they sure were! They were not at all mushy, yet were soft on the inside. They were very crunchy and easy to hold in my hand. You are going to love these keto avocado fries in the air fryer!
What You Need to Make Air Fryer Avocado Fries
You don’t need a lot to make these delicious keto avocado fries.
- 2 large or 3 small firm avocados
- 1 cup crushed pork rinds (these are already crushed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 large eggs, beaten
For the avocados, make sure you buy firm avocados and use them within a couple days of purchase, otherwise they will become too mushy to peel or slice. I made the mistake of waiting a few days and by then the avocados were very mushy when I was trying to peel them and so I had to repurchase fresh avocados.
For the crushed pork rinds, I used 1 typical 3 oz bag of Original Flavor pork rinds from the potato chip aisle. It’s hard to crush them all the way, but the more crushed, the better for using as a coating. You can purchase some that are pre-crushed, and look just like panko bread crumbs, here.
Helpful Tips to Make Keto Avocado Fries in the Air Fryer
This recipe is incredibly simple to make as well. When you prepare your avocado, cut them in half, remove the pit, and use a spoon to begin scooping them out of the peel on the wide section of avocado. Then use a knife to slice off the peel on the more narrow end of the avocado. This ensures that you use all the flesh and have a smooth fruit to slice. Yes they are a fruit, not a vegetable!
When you coat the avocado fries, you’ll want to use a fork to help evenly coat the avocados in the egg and also to gently press the rinds onto them.
Like all air fryer recipes, you’ll want to watch your cooking time and temperature. I ended up adding an extra two minutes to my cook time because I wanted my avocado fries to be nice & crunchy!
How to Serve Keto Air Fryer Avocado Fries
These air fryer avocado fries would make unique appetizers for a party, or as a side for a cookout instead of potato chips or french fries.
These could also be dunked in a variety of sauces, as their flavor is subtle and enhanced by a dipping sauce, although they are good on their own too. My personal favorite is our amazing homemade fry sauce.
At first I wasn’t sure of this recipe because pork rinds have a strong odor when you are working with them, but in the end, the flavor and odor dissipate to form a subtle flavor enhancer. The rinds crisp up really well in the air fryer.
This is such a convenient and fast recipe. I love that you can just put them in the air fryer with no need to shake it or flip them. I hope you enjoy these keto air fryer avocado chips as much as I did! They make such a great snack, side, or appetizer (perhaps even for game day!)
Check out more Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
- Healthy Air Fryer Zucchini Corn Fritters
- Perfect Sweet Roasted Butternut Squash in the Air Fryer
- How to Make Tofu in the Air Fryer!
- EASY Air Fryer Zucchini Fries are Healthy and Fast
Everything You Need to Know About an Air Fryer
- How to Use an Air Fryer: Everything You Need to Know
- The Top 12 Air Fryer Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make
- What to Consider When Buying an Air Fryer PLUS The 5 Best Air Fryers
- Top Air Fryer Accessories to Make the Most of Your Air Fryer
Crunchy Air Fryer Avocado Fries - Low Carb and Keto
- 2 large firm avocados or 3 small firm avocados
- 1 cup crushed Pork Rinds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 large eggs beaten
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 400F.
- Slice the avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Peel the skin off of the flesh and cut the avocado into 1/2 to 1 inch slices.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the crushed pork rinds with the seasonings. In a separate shallow bowl, add in the beaten eggs.
- Coat each slice of avocado in the egg, followed by the pork rind mixture. Repeat these steps with each of your slices and set them aside on a plate.
- Spray the inside of your air fryer with cooking spray and place your coated avocado slices inside your basket.
- Cook the avocado fries at 400F for 12 minutes. No need to flip halfway through.
Recipe Adapted From: Low Carb with Jennifer