7 DIY Flip Flops and Flip Flop Crafts
Have you ever had a boring pair of sandals? I have! A lot of them have the same sort of look so it’s hard to get away from that boring old sandal look.
A good way to spice up your sandals is to do a little DIYing! These DIY flip flop tutorials and flip flop crafts we’ve gathered are super fun, simple to make, and affordable, so anyone can do them!
1. DIY Flip Flops with Paillettes
Transform any pair on sandals into a more elegant looking footwear with pailettes! This craft isn’t too hard to do and it looks great!
- 1 Pair of Flip Flops
- At least 3 yards of ribbon
- Needle and thread
- Hot glue gun
2. DIY Flip Flops
Here’s another simple way to upcycle old flip flops. Take some cheap t-shirt yarn (or make it yourself), and craft up some of these gladiator-like DIY flip flops.
- ‘T-shirt yarn’ (store-bought or homemade)
- Flip flops
3. Eyelet DIY Flip Flops
These DIY flip flops are so pretty! Perfect for the summertime and they show off your toes so nicely.
- Flip flops
- Eyelet lace 2 yards
- Rhinestones or beads
- Aleene’s Jewel-it
- Super glue
4. Flip-Flop Refashion (Braided Straps)
These braided flip flops look so comfy! What a great way to refashion an old pair of flip flops.
- Pair of flip flops
- Semi-stretchy knit fabric
5. Outrageously Comfy (and ridiculously simple) DIY Sling Sandals
Pick up an old pair of sandals and make these DIY sling sandals! These homemade flip flops are another pair that look sooo comfy!
pair of flip flops
1/4 yard of stretch knit fabric
6. The Knot So Hard Flip Flop Diy
If you want to be able to customize your DIY flip flops in a fun way, these “Knot So Hard” flip flops are perfect. You can use any type of fabric and pattern that you want!
- Flip flops
- Kitchen scissors or an exacto knife
- About a 1/4 yard of fabric off the bolt, or scrap fabric
- Hot glue – not necessary, but if you have it, it couldn’t hurt
7. DIY No Sew Fabric Flip Flops
This is another craft that can be done in so many different ways. Customize your flip flops with all different colors to achieve your favorite look!
- Flip Flops
- Fabric Scraps
- Mod Podge
All of these cute flip flops would be great to make with kids and teens! What do you think? 😉 Get the whole family together for a crafting session!
Before you go and make your own flip flops, I’d love to know which craft on this list is your favorite! Let me know which one you plan to make. 🙂
More DIY Crafts:
- DIY Sea Salt Beach Waves Texture Spray
- How to Cut Jeans Into Shorts (And Keep the Original Hem)
- 9 Easy Weekend Project Ideas That Anyone Can Do
Trending DIY Projects
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again