9 Homemade Toilet Deodorizers and Fresheners
Natural DIY Toilet Deodorizer Recipes
Stinky toilet bowls? There are some easy homemade solutions for that. Here are some natural homemade toilet deodorizers which not only freshen your toilet bowls but can also help in killing bacteria, removing hard water stains, and even eliminating mold.
1. Toilet Freshener Tabs
With only 4 ingredients, these toilet freshener tabs might just become your go-to for a quick toilet clean. They help prevent hard water stains, neutralize odors, and leave things smelling fresh.
- 1 1/3 cup baking soda
- Fragrance or essential oil (I just used some home fragrance oil I had) – about 20-30 drops
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- Spray bottle filled with water
- Silicone molds or larger ice cube trays
2. DIY Poo Pourri
If you’ve ever used the store-bought Poo Pourri before, you know how well it works for masking the smell of a number two. Well, this DIY Poo Pourri works just as well, you can customize the scent, and it’s cheap to make!
- 2 Oz Glass spray bottle
- 16 Drops Essential oil(s) of your choice (recommendations found in full instructions)
- 1 Tablespoon Rubbing alcohol
- Distilled water
3. Fizzy Toilet Fresheners
These DIY toilet bombs will let off a nice fizz when you drop them in the toilet which helps with the cleaning process. The ingredients in these fresheners help remove stains and their scent will freshen the entire bathroom.
- 1/2 cup Sodium Bicarbonate
- 1/4 cup Citric Acid
- Witch Hazel
- 12 mL Lemon Essential Oil
- 6 mL Peppermint Essential Oil, 2nd Distill
- Spiral Flower Wax Tart Mold
- Optional: Tall 8 oz. Plastic Bail Jar
4. 2-Ingredient Foaming Toilet Deodorizer
We’re lacking images for this foaming toilet deodorizer but I’m sure you can imagine what a foaming toilet looks like. The foam from the baking soda and vinegar will help disinfect your toilet and remove stains.
- Baking Soda
- White Distilled Vinegar
5. 2-Ingredient Multi-Purpose Deodorizer
This is another very simple DIY toilet bowl cleaner which can also be used to freshen many other areas around the house. Just sprinkle it in the toilet, brush it around, and let it sit for a quick clean.
- 4 Cups Baking soda
- 20 Drops Essential oil
6. Alcohol-Free DIY Poo Pourri
Here’s another natural toilet deodorizer that’s very similar to Poo Pourri. The difference between this one and the one above is that this one uses witch hazel instead of rubbing alcohol and distilled water. The creator says the witch hazel allows the essential oils to mix better.
- Lavender essential oil
- Grapefruit essential oil
- Bergamot essential oil
- 2 oz witch hazel
- 4 oz dark glass spray bottle
7. No-Scrub DIY Toilet Bombs
If you hate scrubbing your toilet, these DIY toilet freshener bombs may be the answer. They require no scrubbing at all and they’ll freshen up odors and remove stains, bacteria, and even mold.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup cream of tartar
- 2 T hydrogen peroxide
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
8. Blue Toilet Bombs
These toilet bombs could be mistaken for bath bombs if you’re not careful! The ingredients are similar to all the other recipes above except that these bombs contain blue mica mineral powder which will turn the toilet water a fun blue color.
- 1 cup Baking soda
- ½ cup Citric acid
- 1 tbsp. Hydrogen peroxide
- ½ tsp. Vinegar (Here’s the best kinds of vinegar to clean with.)
- 20 Drops peppermint essential oil
- Blue mica natural mineral powder (optional)
9. 3-Ingredient Toilet Bombs
Last but not least, these 3-ingredient homemade toilet freshener bombs utilize dish liquid for extra cleaning power. According to the creator, they can also be used as DIY dish detergent bombs.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/4 citric acid
- 1 tablespoon dish liquid (any brand)
Many of these natural homemade toilet deodorizers use very similar ingredients with just slight changes. Hopefully, with all the options to choose from, you found one with ingredients that you like and possibly already have at home!
If you’ve realized after reading this list that you don’t really want to go through the trouble of making homemade toilet bombs yourself, don’t fret! You can still enjoy easy toilet cleaning with the toilet cleaner bombs on Amazon.
Other Posts You Might Like:
- How to Eliminate the Urine Smell in the Bathroom
- 17 DIY Cleaners That Work Like Magic
- 13 Surprising Uses for Hydrogen Peroxide
- 23 Homemade Body Scrubs to Revitalize Your Skin
- 10 Smart Bathroom Cleaning Hacks You Should Try
Trending DIY Projects
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again